Whole game no faint Hard mode

Explain yourself, I don’t understand

This one.

You got a good point there. Thanks for the revew

1 Like

np. I just look at the moveset, weaknesses, ability etc and deduce from there. It’s really that simple and easy.

Just use Counter/Mirror Coat, then switch and use Healing Wish from 5 other mons. Use Taunt if needed.

@PeterHolmes74 Shadow Ball is way better as it adds much needed coverage and you can usually set one CM with Timid Nature on special attacker and then sweep. Going off your first iteration of your team, Choice Scarf Gyara with Moxie Waterfall, EQ, Bounce(can be useful)/coverage, Ice Fang/other coverage is amazing once checks have been removed. Just look at ur opponent’s team remaining and select the best move to sweep. Ada Nature 252 Atk, the rest between HP and Spe. D. Volc is fine, tho you can drop Roost for more attacking power with one of the Signature Moves. Also, Earthquake over Protect, and SD is necessary, if you have to, you can use Focus Sash. Oh and to break D-Venu and others, you can replace Scizor or Blaziken with SB Ninjask with Protect Sub Toxic/SD Baton Pass. Then you can give Garde Specs. You probably don’t need +6 in Spe anyways, so reuseable, just a loss of coverage. For Scizor, run U-turn overSide note: You can also run Meowstic or Klefki for Dual Screens for easy set up.

For the new team: On Hippodown, ALWAYS run Toxic over Ice Fang. Excadrill add SD over Drill Run or EQ. Rotom Wash switch one of it’s moves for Switch if you can get it. It is important to get sweepers in safely and deal chip to KO range. If you run Mow, you can run Defog/Will-o-wisp, Leaf Storm, Volt Switch, Nasty Plot. Then you can change Amoongus to another Regenerator like Assault Vest Reuniclus with Knock Off, Energy Ball(to hit bulky waters)/coverage, Psyshock, and Future Sight or Slowbro/king.

2 Likes

So… Does that mean I’ll have to redo my whole main team? Dang it :man_facepalming:. If I understood right:

• Change Gyarados Set and get a Double Scarf team.
  • I knew for U-Turn, just forgot to edit.
  • Spam the 0,03333% chance at Poképon and change Venusaur and Volcarona’s nature.
  • Swap for a physical Volcarona even if I don’t feel that set very well.
  • Get a “fast” Timid Venusaur.
  • Add a Baton Pass Ninjask instead of my Blaziken.
  • Potentially get Double Screens.

For double:

• That hippo has Ice Fand only to break quickly past Salamence. I don’t plan on using him that much otherwise. Even then, it’s hard to get to void gauntlet and get the TM when you are only at the Dragons Ruins.
  • Same goes for Rotom. No way to teach him Volt Switch.

As you can see, I cannot afford to change D.Venusaur and D.Volcarona whole set, but I agree about Shadow Ball. If Blaziken goes out, Steel Types will become great problem. I’ll try to breed a Speed Boost Baton Pass. As for Gyarados, I prefer to stick with Dragon Dance because Heracross fits better than Gyarados as a Scarf Moxie but Gyarados suits better my team.

No offence! I still consider your advices.

Why don’t you take smallant1’s no faint run of Pokémon platinum as inspiration? You can also use the rules that he uses because they are fair.

Here is the link to his video.

i sent him that already! #GreatMindsThinkAlike

2 Likes

Already started the challenge, can’t go back until I forfeit.

good luck and update frequently!

1 Like

Funfact: what motivated me was actually a French YouTuber doing the exact same challenge. Platinum No Damage.

1 Like

cul beenz.

I don’t have a like limit.

1 Like

Welp, I have a like limit lol

What Natures do they have? Modest/Timid for Venu is fine. SpD, Spe, and SpA boosting natures at the cost of Atk are fine. If you can’t get Volt Switch, use T-bolt, tho it’s not as useful for safely getting sweepers in.

Modest for Venu and Timid for Volcarona

Modest was chosen before Timid because I wanted to maximize his HP and give him just enough speed to Outspeed Adamant 252 Spe Tyranitar. Then, the rest was put in SpA. I can rework his spread, but I don’t like having 252 Spe without a +Speed nature.

Volcarona was pretty much Straightforward as an offensive mon.

Done. Sorry! Can report me if you want.