Yes. You read that righ. I will attempt that suicidal action. I am more than crazy, I am insane.
I, PeterHolmes74, will attempt to do the WHOLE game with a No Faint Challenge.
I mostly want to do this on Hard mode because I can otherwise overlevel by 30 and it won’t feel rewarding, but if I feel that I suck, I’ll allow myself 2 faint maximum during that particular battle or at the very least try again on Normal mode. At this point, the challenge will be a failliure.
Here are the rules:
- Hard mode only
- If I faint, I reset the game.
- The game is on Set mode because the E4 is that way. Shift mode is cheating anyway.
- I cannot transfer a Pokémon to access early exceot for one I previously chosen before the challenge starts.
- 2 Item usage during a battle (Full Restore and stuff) only because the AI do so.
- I am allowed to change my internal time to access certain Pokémon because of my job and overall access to my computer. I must put it back to normal afterward.
- Allie’s fainted Pokémon in double battle doesn’t count.
- When entering a gym, I can save only when I enter and after defeating the Gym Leader. If I loose to the gym leader, I have to battle the trainers again.
To do this purge, I will need a team. I’ll need THE team, the dream team and this is where I need your help. Without being arrogant, I consider to build very good team, but this games bring so much (Delta & Mega) that I feel like I am a total ignorent. This is what I figured out so far:
Typhlosion @ Typhlosionite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 SpE
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
-Hidden Power [Grass] (Gona be a pain to optain, but best coverage option)
Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Delta Volcarona @ Volcarona Armor
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Roost / Coverage
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
-Flamethrower / coverage
Delta Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
-Earthquake / Drain Punch
Delta Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod / Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Compared of my first team idea, this one is more of a Bulky-Offense and is easier to switch around.
The memories I have with Moxie are good ones. This time, it is a beast that hit almost as hard as Mewtwo that has Moxie on the special side. Focus Miss (I mean Focus Blast) and Hidden Power Grass are Typhlosion’s best coverage. Eruption does massive damage and Fire Blast is here when my HP are too low.
Just a wonderful pivot. It is hard to get rid of and is easy to get access to via Friend Safari.
This one is a BEAST. Even without bulk investment, he still bulky on the special side and dish out good damages. Taunt is mandatory against Kyla and Eduard as it shut down their lead.
It basically is an alternative to the Mega Delta Venusaur I first thought of. Immune to residual damage, reliable recovery and not weak to Ghost gives to solid advantages over D.Venusaur.
He is a grass type Curselax without the speed drop and more immediate recovery. Never tried out before, but I predict I am going to like it.
Come on! It 6-0 Nyx and slaughter every dragon types on earth, how could I not include it on my team? Gardevoir is also my third favourite Pokémon and I swore to use it or the delta on every play through. They are just that good when they hold a Choice Scarf.