Whole game no faint Hard mode

Yes. You read that righ. I will attempt that suicidal action. I am more than crazy, I am insane. :smiling_imp:

I, PeterHolmes74, will attempt to do the WHOLE game with a No Faint Challenge.

I mostly want to do this on Hard mode because I can otherwise overlevel by 30 and it won’t feel rewarding, but if I feel that I suck, I’ll allow myself 2 faint maximum during that particular battle or at the very least try again on Normal mode. At this point, the challenge will be a failliure. :sad:
Here are the rules:

• Hard mode only
  • If I faint, I reset the game.
  • The game is on Set mode because the E4 is that way. Shift mode is cheating anyway. :angry:
  • I cannot transfer a Pokémon to access early exceot for one I previously chosen before the challenge starts.
  • 2 Item usage during a battle (Full Restore and stuff) only because the AI do so.
  • I am allowed to change my internal time to access certain Pokémon because of my job and overall access to my computer. I must put it back to normal afterward.
  • Allie’s fainted Pokémon in double battle doesn’t count.
  • When entering a gym, I can save only when I enter and after defeating the Gym Leader. If I loose to the gym leader, I have to battle the trainers again.

To do this purge, I will need a team. I’ll need THE team, the dream team and this is where I need your help. Without being arrogant, I consider to build very good team, but this games bring so much (Delta & Mega) that I feel like I am a total ignorent. This is what I figured out so far:

Typhlosion @ Typhlosionite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 SpE
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
Timid Nature
-Eruption
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Focus Blast

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Psyshock
-Thunder Wave

Delta Volcarona @ Volcarona Armor
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Sludge Wave
-Dark Pulse
-Roost / Coverage
-Taunt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Soft Boiled
-Flamethrower / coverage

Delta Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
-Bulk Up
-Seed Bomb
-Earthquake / Drain Punch
-Synthesis

Delta Gallade @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod / Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Wild Cherge
-Icicle Crash
-Earthquake
-Volt Switch

Compared of my first team idea, this one is more of a Bulky-Offense and is easier to switch around.

TYPHLOSION

The memories I have with Moxie are good ones. This time, it is a beast that hit almost as hard as Mewtwo that has Moxie on the special side. Focus Miss (I mean Focus Blast) and Hidden Power Grass are Typhlosion’s best coverage. Eruption does massive damage and Fire Blast is here when my HP are too low.

SLOWBRO

Just a wonderful pivot. It is hard to get rid of and is easy to get access to via Friend Safari.

D. VOLCARONA

This one is a BEAST. Even without bulk investment, he still bulky on the special side and dish out good damages. Taunt is mandatory against Kyla and Eduard as it shut down their lead.

CLEFABLE

It basically is an alternative to the Mega Delta Venusaur I first thought of. Immune to residual damage, reliable recovery and not weak to Ghost gives to solid advantages over D.Venusaur.

DELTA SNORLAX

He is a grass type Curselax without the speed drop and more immediate recovery. Never tried out before, but I predict I am going to like it.

DELTA GALLADE

Come on! It 6-0 Nyx and slaughter every dragon types on earth, how could I not include it on my team? Gallade is also my fourth favourite Pokémon and I swore to use it or the delta on every play through. They are just that good when they hold a Choice Scarf.

2 Likes

First, good luck!!
I have actually done a no faint challenge on this game (it was not legit tho, was playing on normal with shift mode and was spammimg healing.)
So basically, I just never fainted and when I fainted I just soft reserved the game cause I always save before every battle.

1 Like

But… should I use D.Volcarona? It’ll be a little less legit, but at the same time, it’s much better than Hydreigon.

2 Likes

Hmm, Delta volcarona is good. If you feel it is not legit, u can always try wonder trading, if u get it from there it is legit cause u got it by luck
@PeterHolmes74

1 Like

What I mean by «not legit» is I didn’t caugh it myself. Well, maybe I can loophole that with the one of my other save file.

Anyway, I wonder if having outside help is necessary considering how impossible Xavier will be.

2 Likes

Xavier is nuts. Had the game accidentally in hard mode one time and I lost countless times

1 Like

film it. post it. so we. can watch it.

2 Likes

Yeah, @JojoBoss247 is right make a Livestream or something so we can help u maybe

1 Like

Or just a regular video with da battle

1 Like

I’ll be cheering for u my dude!

1 Like

A hard mode no faint challenge will be hard, some help would really help @PeterHolmes74.

1 Like

Insane and suicidal! My kind of deal.
Try not to repeat types too often is my only advise for u. Oh, and watch out for mega miltank 4th gym. penulum hits like a truck.

1 Like

4th gym, Scizor does it all. Plus, I have Blaziken. No challenge there.

The only way I defeated Xavier on hard mode is with Minimise. So yeah, guess I’lol give myself that Delta Volcarona.

I REALLY wish I had a capture software. I have no recording equipment nor video editor. If I manage to get one, maybe I could do something nice…

2 Likes

Anyway, I’ll breed my D.Larversta anything to say about the team? Just as a reminder:

• Mega D.Venusaur
  • Choice Scarf D.Gardevoir
  • Armored D.Volcarona
  • Choice Band Scizor
  • Life Orb Speed Boost Blaziken
  • Gyarados (Intimidate or Moxie, can’t descide)

I have an idea for Xavier, Flame Charge will be very importent.

1 Like

Wow! That’s some guts challenge right there!
I don’t know if i can help you wiht tips or trades (but i can try wiht my power, I’m trying to get the all all non legendary,non delta pokemons on my pokedéx before I continue).
The only thing i can recommend to you is…
Use U-turn on your scizor
It will help to do chip dame and trade immediaty to one of your sweeper
I’ts a good move overall and a think will be nice to have it
other than that,
Good luck, Soldier!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I was wondering about it or Bug Bite, but ended up choosing Bug Bite for the extra power. I’ll edit that right away.

btw, I need to transfer a Delta Larvesta to my challenge game. It’s not ready yet, but I can accelerate the process. It won’t have perfect IVs, but I was planning on doing about a day to farm IV stones once I get to Koril town anyway. @KKhris

1 Like

@JojoBoss247 I can’t film it, but I can create a topic where I’ll keep updating where I currently am. Kinda like following someone on Instragram (I don’t use Instagram so I have no idea if I am wrong).

It’s sad though… Maybe I’ll do it again when I have what it takes :smiling_imp:

1 Like

update often if u can. do you need any help b4 u start?

Not now, but when I got a good starter and the dexnav, I’ll ask to transfer my D.Larvesta. It got crap IVs in SpA, Spe and Hp but I’ll be farming IV stones at some point anyway. Thanks for asking! I’ll create that topic.

1 Like

cul beens dude. i’m watching the tcg comp on the pokemon channel rn so…basically bored.