Our Toughest Battle Yet: Buglocke Part 3

Rat back once again with the Buglocke! Apologies for the massive update delay, just finished my college semester this week! But in any case, I’m back and back at it again with my buglocke! As I’ve mentioned in my previous posts (Part 1) (Part 2), my iteration of a typelocke is just that. No other nuzlocke rules apply, only typing constraints! With the introduction out of the way, lets get back to it!

Unfortunately between now and my previous post, I still haven’t found a speed boost venipede :[ But in the spirit of journeying onward, I wiped out the grunts in the trash dump and continued my journey to Helios City. I booked it there as fast as I could, trying to get some new progress under my belt. I was, of course, stopped by Damian and told about how we can’t get into the gym to challenge the leader there. I wandered about the city for a bit, talking to NPCs here and there before heading on over to the Department Store where I knew my one way into the gym resided: the sewers and the Black Market. After trekking through what felt like a slog of grimers and trubbish I was eventually blown up by the fan at the end of the sewers and to my next destination.

The Black Market, when I first saw it in my first save, was… traumatic honestly. Who expects a dog fighting ring and puddles of blood in a pokemon game? Well, Insurgence is pokemon’s edgy cousin so honestly pretty understandable. Eventually, I made it up to the underground portion of the gym only to be stopped by none other than the Perfection cult. See, I’d completely forgotten you had a battle in this area before you could progress. And boy did that show. Taen’s Kyurem wiped my entire team with just Ice Beam. Seriously, I don’t have any bugs capable of tanking that. My starter who I’d relied on for so long could only tank two hits and most of my other mons were half flying type making them completely useless in this fight too. Taen’s been a struggle for several hours now but I believe I’ve devised a plan to finally counter his literal legendary: toxic stalling. I can only hope my plan actually works. Otherwise, I might be stuck here for a while unless I can find a scizor somewhere. I’ll be sure to update once I make any progress! Maybe, just maybe, I’ll be able to beat Taen with my little hive of bugs. But until then, I’ll catch y’all on the flip side! :]:sparkles:

Hi lol,

You can trade for a Larvesta in Roggan? It resists ice but is weak so idk lol
Also in Roggan town, the game corner can sell you a Scyther… for 6500 coins. So if you buy those coins, it’ll take 130000 moneys… (insert 3000 more …s here)
Btw you can find Durant in Midna Garden at level 10, it’s pretty fast like 102 or smth base speed and can have hustle which is like 80% accuracy lol but boosts attack and you can reset to hope it hits an Iron head, or it learns Guillotine at level 1.

I’ve tried a Bug-type only and Scizor destroyed Kyurem lol

aeri
1:34