Buglocke Gone Hilariously Right: Buglocke Part 1

So I just got back into playing Insurgence thanks to a friend of mine, and I completely forgot I was doing a buglocke in one of my saves! Out of love for ya boy, who I theme each buglocke for, I decided to continue it.

For reference, my version of a type locke is essentially only using that one type and only catching that type. There is no perma-death, no item bans, none of that. Just a plain old “you only get this one type and this one type only, get used to it.”

I quickly realized why I’d stopped playing the buglocke before I’d quit the game: I can’t even get past the grunts in the first town. Since there are only two bug types available in Shade Forest, I only had a Beedrill and a Butterfree backing up my spider Beldum (I procured my little spider boy by starting the game as a solo run then forfeiting it). After around two tries of getting wiped by the grunts, I turned to the dexnav. Was there a trainer here I could beat to get levels? And then it hit me. The man, the myth, the legend. Elder Clint Eastwood and his 44 Magnum. See, I’m using a half ground type for my starter which gives me immunity to all of his moves except Explosion. And since he’s choice scarfed, once he locks in a move he’s stuck. So I cheesed tf out of him. Did my beldum only know mud-slap? Yes. Did I still beat him by having him struggle on one of my other mons? Yes. Did I rack up levels and money at an insane rate? You bet I did. I cheesed him and before I knew it, I was on my way. I wiped the grunts and later wiped Orion with my Delta Metang. Once again, Clint and his Magnum came in clutch in my run lol

2 Likes

Yesssss finally something to follow on the forums :slight_smile:
ALso I have to say, this run is sounding really promising!

1 Like