Help me choose a starter?

oh yeah, forgot about eevee being able to be bought lol

So I restarted the “hunt” with a counter. After 951 attempts, I got a shiny eevee. Buuutt… it had Run Away. So I took notes, and continued on. I’m up to 2091 and haven’t seen another yet. Is this gambling addiction? lol

You know you can change the ability later. You can also trade it so someone else can change the ability for you

Nope, softreseting a shiny on purpose is absolute madness :fearful: :fearful: :fearful:

1 Like

You do realize ability capsules are a thing, right? Also it’s ability honestly doesn’t matter, you’re gonna mega it all the time anyways

1 Like

No, I didn’t know that (or rather, I forgot how that works, and didn’t bother looking it up to refresh my memory). I also don’t know how soon I’d be able to do that. Also I probably won’t be doing trading. In all past Pokemon games I’ve played, I’ve always went pure solo. I’m not even 100% certain how trading works actually.

I have no way of knowing how soon something like that (ability capsule for adaptability?) would be available. I mean, I guess I could attempt to wiki it or something, but I’m kinda wanting Adaptability from the start (33% extra damage on Stab moves vs ability to run away better lol). Again, I haven’t beat the game before, and it was a long time ago since I last played, so this might as well be my first time playing. That 33% extra damage will come in handy more than being shiny… so if I run out of luck and find no more shinies, I’ll just SR for Adaptability. Mega is a ways down the road I assume… the last time I played years ago, I didn’t get D.Charizard to mega.

:rofl:

1 Like

you get ability capsule in route 8. still most of the time you wont use eevee before mega sooo you kinda just blew your shiny

flashbacks tp that one time i soft reset on a shiny doublade for no good reason other than “itll be funny”

2 Likes

Route 8 seems to be a good walk away from Telnor. But point taken. I guess base Eevee stats are kinda… bland. I assumed I’d be using it constantly like I did D.Charmander. But maybe not. Ah well, you just watch, next shiny will be better. :wink:

1 Like

i hpe so, i accidently skipped my d.munchlax and never found it after 5000 encs. just gave up on it

1 Like

Btw you have to finish the first gym to be able to trade

1 Like

No, you can trade as soon as you get the dexnav in shade forest

2 Likes

Don’t you need a secret base to get a password to use online features?

1 Like

Or can you create an account from the dexnav?

1 Like

dexnav

1 Like

Well, you could actually get a Capsule after Gym 1 if someone leaves one in your base.

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-01-09 16.16.57
Screenshot 2021-01-09 16.17.52
Screenshot 2021-01-09 16.18.17

And to think you all doubted me ;). 3876 Encs

3 Likes

Congrats, you can finally play the game :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

How’d you get 3D sprites?

1 Like

Estetic Pack by Evoleman. I would link to it, but dunno if this forum allows linking. It’s on a blogspot site, if that helps.