Help me choose a starter?

Correction 8th gym if it’s in slot 3. Slot 2 is the one opened at gym 6

oops i mean slot 2

Shiny Starter Eevee is a myth!! :scream:

No seriously… might be bad luck, but I just spent over 8 hours on and off reloading a save, using a keyboard macro to save time (so a single button press to F12, load save, talk to professor, choose eevee, name eevee, etc)… not a single Shiny Eevee. (Assuming I wasn’t just pranked) either I have bad luck or I’m doing it wrong by using the follower as visual confirmation, and I’m going to have to either give up or write a program to auto roll for it while I sleep lol.

haha you’ve been bamboozled nah jk it is possible, i got my s.d.zard that way. also fyi dont suggest hacking/macros/anything of the sort, theyll lead to a ban. its written in the forum guidelines. also how many encs has it been? usually its around 4000, i just got lucky and got it in 2112

see?

location was pokemon lab, it def possible. if you want higher odds, youll just have to wait until you beat the 6th gym to unlock slot 2 in fs, then you can hunt with a shiny rate of ~1/700

also sidenot its not jolly anymore, modest cuz pokepon. took a few tries but we got there

Ban for mentioning macros? Or ban for suggesting macros? I can’t seem to find a thread with the forum guidelines, and I have no intention of breaking any rules. But it is kinda silly to ban over something like reloading a save for a starter. There’s no cheating or changing of odds… just repeated actions. I’m sure there’s more than a few people here that used “something”, whether they admit to it or not. Do people get banned for using the wikis and/or getting info from the forums, instead of learning everything themselves, too? Yes, that question is rhetorical and sarcastic, and the point is everyone uses outside tools of some sort.

Either way, I’ll take that “warning” at face value. My intention wasn’t to take away anyone’s “shiny trophy” worth, and I wasn’t going to be trading my starter. I assume anti-macro rules exist because it can somehow affect other players or trading. I just happen to be a programmer, and I prefer to work smarter instead of harder, when applicable. I’ll just delete my account and excuse myself. No hard feelings.

probably suggesting. the rules are in the FAQ. here:

no.4. i also may have misinterpreted it

also i wasnt warning you ar smth, just saying. i probably might have understood it wrong.

btw how many encs has it been?

I can’t seem to figure out how to delete my account anyway lol. I’m not sure what encs are?

encounters

No idea. Is there a counter somewhere? Or do people try to manually keep track of every reload?

i know a few ppl who manually do it but most do it with a encounter tracker. this one:

works pretty well

I just timed how long it takes me to do a full reload. Under 20 seconds. So 3 times a minute for… imma say maybe 6 hours. I’ve been doing it for about 9 hours total now, but it wasn’t consistant. Binge watching TV at the same time, so sometimes I’d get distracted. Also getting up to eat and stuff. 1080 encs at that pace, more or less? If it’s 1/4000 chances, I guess that makes sense why I haven’t seen it yet.

ah that makes sense, 1080 isnt that far in

either way, gl on the hunt

Thx. Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow. Or maybe I’ll gracefully take the loss (and go non-shiny), so I can get to playing the game. Looked up the Masuda thing… breeding 2 pokemon from different language zones, and using a ditto so it can breed with a starter I think? Even if the odds are greatly increased, I imagine that would take even longer than SR due to breeding time, not to mention the trade requirement. Or am I missing something?

nope, youre not. masuda is incredibly slow. it took me an ENTIRE F*CKING MONTH to get only 700 encs, definately not worth it. i might be doing it slow or smth, but in most cases your better of random SRing

id suggest fs, similar rate of encountering mons and higher odds. you just gotta wait until 6th gym
you might also get some other shiny but hey maybe you can trade that away then

In the second gym’s city, there is a guy who will insta hatch eggs, but for optimal, you want to get Fly. It’s pretty fast with Shiny Charm, but it takes longer to get an enc. You could SR off Game Corner, dunno if it’s faster. BTW, you can see if it’s shiny from the following sprite. Not the initial picking sprite.