Help me choose a starter?

You absolute f*cking madman. GJ
Also why 3d? Eevee has a cool custom shiny in insurgence which imo is far better than the official

3 Likes

I used the 3D animated sprites years ago (although it had some glitches), so I hunted them down again this time. Seems like some of the glitches have been fixed. If the default Eevee is cooler though, I can delete the specific animated sprite and it’ll go back to custom, while leaving everything else animated. :smile:

Edit: Just checked. You’re right, the custom with the dark neck fur is pretty cool looking. Almost tempted to modify the 3D sprite to match that color scheme. Also noticed the mega sprite doesn’t have a 3D animated version, so when I eventually get mega eevee, it’s going to switch to the custom.

2 Likes

Yeah the custom Eevee is wayy better

2 Likes

You guys wouldn’t happen to know of a good program for recoloring animated gifs would ya? Specifically so I can make my shiny gif match the custom insurgence shiny sprite. I tried paint.net, but it didn’t show the different frames/layers. Then I tried Marmoset Hexels. Technically worked, but it didn’t have any options for automating replacing colors, so I had to manually use magic wand on chunks at a time then ctrl+f, then go back and do touch-up work. Very slow and painful, but technically was working. I completed about half of it, then did a test exporting the gif, I found out the animation speed from the original gif didn’t carry over, which is super annoying. So I’m wanting to start over with a proper animated gif editor. Or maybe code a script to do it. (Also heard Gimp can do it, but probably the same way hexels does with magic wand, if not worse.)

1 Like

Eevee is defenitely a great starter for your main acc. Its mega is op. Making it basically not weak to anything and its fun to use. i might shiny hunt for eevee as a starter in another save file. Also it can super effective anything basically.

1 Like

well, expirience on all 4 has helped.
dont pick bulba. it steamrolls everything.
eevee is really fun to use
char is really unique
squirtle is hard but worth it

Nice summary.

damn it i already got a modest shiny

Necro.