Breeding Guide

Enter my lottery for only one iv stone, I promise I’ll get you something good

I take that xD

Let’s keep the thread breeding related, do trades at the trading section of the forums.:angry:

@Sdude @cow538 @Shui88
If you want to do/ talk about trading, take it to its respectful place.

Nope, for TM and HM breeding you always need a Male Pokemon to pass the move. So if a Female Pokemon got the move and you breed it, it will lose that move for sure.
If you want to get 2 TMs to Torchic then, it should be like this:
Male Pokemon (TM1+TM2) + Female Torchic -> Torchic (TM1+TM2).

That won’t work. You will get a torchic with TM move 1 for the first step, and you will get a torchic with TM move two in the second step. If you want to pass down both moves, you’ll have to find a different pokemon(other than torchic line) that learns either TM 1 or TM 2 as a level up or egg move. And then breed the TM 1 to that pokemon, and pass down both by breeding that with a female torchic.

For eggmoves, either of the parent knowing the move is enough, as both male and female pass down egg moves. Your example would work for egg moves, or one TM and one egg move.

Edit: http://wiki.p-insurgence.com/Breeding_Mechanics

Hi, I’m very new to breeding but very interested in it. Just had a quick question.

If I get a ditto and use 6 IV stones on it and I let it hold a destiny knot, will all the eggs have 5 perfect IVs?

No. The destiny knot grabbes five IVs from both parents at random. So if you breed 6iv ditto with a 0iv totodile (for example) then the totodile have however many perfect IVs are chosen from the ditto and not the totodile.

How do you get a better chance of 5iv? My method is to hatch eggs until I get one with 3iv or 4iv, and breed that one with the ditto (ignore the incest). Then there’s a better chance of getting 5ivs. If both parents have 6ivs, then there is a 100% chance that the egg will have 5 perfect IVs.

Here’s a calculator to help you out: Destiny Knot Calculator

That’s the method everyone recommends to be honest and what’s already included in the post, with just different wording. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, I am trying to breed a Delta Axew with my ditto and the day care woman say that thay play more with the others, can you help me figuring out whats going on, if it is a bug, or something that a newbie like me don’t understand?

You need a delta ditto, normal ditto doesn’t work

Please don’t necro posts. The last comment was 11 months ago. Also, you need a delta ditto to breed with delta mons. (Don’t reply to this btw, I don’t want to start another discussion on a dead thread.)

It is fine to post in here, since this is its meant thread and the breeding guide in general. Need to update it though at some point.

But Why can my Normal ditto breed with my delta ambipom?

I dunno, probably a bug. Delta Pokemon are only supposed to be able to breed with Delta Ditto.

lol thnks ^-^

There are some bugs including breeding with ditto and deltas, Delta Aipom is not the only one. It is a known bug.