Breeding Guide

if i made the eevee female, then wouldnt the offspring be and eevee?

Yeah, thatā€™s right. I was focusing on how egg moves and TMs interact in this game and completely forgot about the childā€™s species is decided. Aboodieā€™s solution should be correct.

is there any programs you can use to make chains faster

also how do i know what move is what like if itā€™s a tm or em

search in google any pokemon, read the data and you will find it. for example http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Charmander_(PokƩmon)

alright thanks for that

This might take a tad bit longer, but to check whether the egg is ready, you can speak to the old man inside the house. Heā€™ll say ā€œAh there you are! My wife was looking for youā€ or something along those lines.

Has the IV inheritance from Destiny Knot been fixed yet? Back when I was breeding most of my 5 IV pokemon, I know that destiny knot would only pass up to 5 IVā€™s, not exactly 5 IVā€™s every time.

This have been fixed ages ago.
Which version where you at by that time? 1.0? 1.1.0?

I canā€™t tell you the patch number, but it was in late August/early September of last year. I remember they attempted to fix it once but only fixed part of the issue, and I donā€™t recall if they ever fully resolved it.

It has been fixed by that time.

Yeah it takes a few seconds longer, but added it as an alternative option :thumbsup:

Iā€™ve got a question when i want to get egg moves and iv should i IV breed first or get egg moves first? do egg moves get passed down with dittos or not?

@skala always do egg moves first. IV is the final step since it will likely take more time to get the perfect IV that you need. Just make sure you follow the mechanics and you will be set. Bulbapedia will be your best friend in breeding chains.

Ok thanks :smiley: is chaiin breeding hard? when i look at that it seems like black magic to me

well itā€™s not really hard more like time consuming, i just chain bred a shroomish with OU tier moveset and it took me like 5 hrs to get the right moveset and IV with hidden ability. If you enjoy the game I suggest you start breeding. But if you are lazy you can just offer me a shiny and iā€™ll give you 3 pokemon of your desired moveset as long as it is obtainable with the current state of the game. :joy:

I dont have shinyā€™s :c you already know my story with shiny xD i saw your trading shop and i was thinking about that gliscor :stuck_out_tongue: but i really want to get into breeding some competetive teams and such so iā€™ll think iā€™ll try to do that my self :smiley:

yeah make your own team, until 1.2 comes chain bred mons will have the advantage. But when 1.2 arrives I dunno what Iā€™m gonna sell. :weary: just check my shop from time to time so you can see a moveset that you want then breed it your way. Good luck and enjoy breeding.

iā€™m looking in all the trading shops :stuck_out_tongue: but only time when i get to breed right now is when im waiting for a league game xD but im sure as heck to learn this some time :slight_smile: