Stuck in pokepon

I’m completely stuck inside a pokepon game right now. The lady won’t move, so I’m just frozen here. Loading the backups didn’t fix things. Is there anything I can do, or am I just going to have to start over?

DM me your save file and I’ll look into it.

I’m having the same problem. I entered the pokepon cut scene and then the attendant froze. The music still plays and my Pokémon behind me moves. However I can do nothing and I cannot fix anything with my old saves or anything. What can I do to unfreeze it?

Try upgrading to 1.2.6. This issue should be addressed within the patch.

I have to admit I am not tech savvy. How exactly would I install the 1.2.6? I am using a Mac.

Are you already on 1.2.5, or is your Insurgence version 1.2.3 or earlier?

I believe 1.2.5 however I have no idea. I first downloaded the game back in February 2020. So which ever the most recent version of that month most likely…

Yeah, you should be good then. You can check your trainer card just to be sure as well. You can either use the Terminal update script, or manually patch your game over to 1.2.6.

It’s always best to back up your save file before doing anything, so you can do this with any filesharing site like Google Drive, a USB, a private Discord channel, etc. You can find your save file here if you’re using Terminal to run the game: ~/pkmn_insurg/drive_c/users/[username]/Saved Games/Pokemon Insurgence and it should be the .rxdata files.

After that’s done, Terminal can be found within Applications --> Utilities. After this, copy and paste the entirety of the following script into Terminal and hit Enter to run the script that will update your game: curl -S "https://gitlab.com/levi506/installing-insurgnece/-/raw/master/assets/macOS/update.sh" | bash and then follow the steps in the Terminal as it instructs you.

If you’re not confident in using Terminal, you can also manually patch over your files. This can be achieved through the following:

• First, download the 1.2.6 patch at http://p-insurgence.com/releases/1.2.6/Pokemon%20Insurgence%201.2.6%20Patch.zip, right click the downloaded .ZIP file and select Extract. Locate your Pokemon Insurgence 1.2.5 Core, and open the 1.2.5 Core and the 1.2.6 Patch side-by-side.
  • For Mac, replace the old 1.2.5 Game.rgssad with the new 1.2.6 Game.rgssad . Within the Graphical updates, there are files within the Battlers, Characters, Icons, and Pictures subfolders that have been updated. Hold Option and drag your Graphics folder into the Core folder, it should give you the option to Merge files. Ensure that you are selecting to Merge, and not Replace.

I know this was a lot of information at once, so f you experience any issues with anything, hit me up. :))

1 Like

I did as instructed with the manual set up as I have no experience with terminal. I downloaded the 1.2.6 and replaced the Game.rgssad and merged the graphics files. However when I reopened Insurgence, nothing has changed. Sadly I cannot check my trainer card to see which version I’m on since it’s frozen and nothing works. I’m not sure the 1.2.5 core is what is running…?

I don’t exactly remember how I set the game up. I just know I downloaded Wineskin, made a wrapper, and followed a long list of instructions to get the game working after that. Perhaps the 1.2.5 core is not what is running the game.

I would recommend to try using the Terminal download to get a fresh core of 1.2.6, as the Wineskin wrapper is pretty outdated and it might be easier on you to be able to just muscle through Terminal now to make it easier for yourself in the future.

That is fair. So uh… how do I approach terminal. I can find it and open it on my Mac just fine. Then it shows some white text… how should I proceed. I apologize that I’m not the brightest bulb in the bulb shed here…

I followed your previous terminal instructions with copying that text into it and hitting enter. Though nothing seems to happen.

I redownloaded the 1.2.6 patch and replaced the Game.rgssad file and it fixed itself. Thank you for the help!

Glad that it worked! Enjoy the game <3