So... "Delta Pokemon" are being added to he main games

Its really interesting but I was wondering how people here thought about it, since this game heavily deals with deltas.

Yeah but the sad thing is that I bet Insurgence already will have more deltas then the next game will.

I’m more worried about this game getting the C/D because it “copied” sun and moon.

I was just about to comment on that, Pokemon Insurgence the OG pokemon delta forms.

here’s the video if anyone wants to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZHowhxM0U

I knew I wasn’t the only one to feel this way…

Sure, Insurgence didn’t create the concept of Deltas, but it DID create Deltas undergoing form change, to where they are completely different, but still recognizable as the base Pokemon. Nut, Alola forms…

This is a slap in the face to all Insurgence fans, and even more so to its creators. The entire team is having their idea ripped off, yet because they were the ones who started Pokemon, and came up with Delta Pokemon in the TCG, even though Suze and the others took it to a WHOLE different level, there’s nothign to be done about it.

We don’t care, we just like that we inspired something in the official games, instead of just the other way around.

If the devs are fine with it I guess we should be too, I would love it for Pokemon to give you guys a nod of approval and say thanks for the idea or good job Insurgence but I doubt we’ll ever see that, although it would be awesome. I’m still proud to be part of such a creative community and I can always say I was part of it. I love everyone here!! :heart: Woohoo!!

Not at all! We’re so happy to have (technical) Deltas be in the official games! It’s almost feels like we inspired Gamefreak for once! Props to all of the artists who also made different Pokemon Forms about a year ago! Those are also a big inspiration for Alola Forms possibly!

Yeah, that’s true enough, but the fact that they probably won’t even say “thanks for the idea” to the team is what gets me. At least Insurgence and the other fangames pay all due respect to GameFreak.

speaking about the whole alola pokemon, what i think is that since so many “popular” pokemon youtubers played this game, gamefreak MUST of seen this and used it as an idea, well congratz to all you creative guys and the staff team for making such a contribution to the game, if i see some megas that are used in this game im gonna freak out. one of them might be the mega goth. as i have seen many people wanting a mega for her

at the end of the day fanbase games use the idea that was created by gamefreak to make it better so i guess its like a tradeoff

I have seen multiple people talk about trademarks and how they work so here’s my perspective on the situation.

It’s not that they don’t appreciate us, It’s more that they literally cant acknowledge the fan game community. Due to legal reasons, When you trademark a product you must enforce that trademark and write claims to remove anything that infringes on your trademark. This means that the best way to deal with Pokemon Fan Games is to outright ignoring them. Because due to trademarking, if they interacted with us and let us know that they were inspired by us, they can very easily lose their trademark for Pokemon.

This is a crossroads because while you are inspired by your community you want to give people credit, but at the same time if you did say something like “Credit goes to Pokemon Insurgence for the idea” It would ruin your reputation and possibly lose your trademark. Personally the best route to give us credit is to show our idea used in official games and to outright ignore our existence. They are actually doing us a favor by doing this and we really really appreciate it.

tl;dr: If Pokemon credited us, they could lose their reputation/trademark. Best solution is to ignore our existance.

1 Like

That and… Pokémon Omicron weren’t the first ones to invent delta pokemon. They weren’t the first ones to use delta pokemon. This isn’t even the first pokemon game to change a pokemon’s type (Shadow Pokémon) NOR is it the first pokemon license to have pokemon with types other then their current standard (The Pokémon anime had a few).

There is more then enough clout for them to basically have never EVER heard of this game and still have come up with using this idea.

Especially since the complete game (Pokémon Zeta and Omicron) mostly handled pallet swaps and was the much more popular game overall.

Personally I’m glad to see this happening because this easily could’ve remained a TCG-only/fangame-only concept, but Nintendo was actually bold enough to do it for real. It also opens up the possibility for more Deltas to appear in main games and allows Nintendo/Game Freak to reuse the same species without making them feel like they’re being reused in the exact same way - cross-game trading could become a much bigger deal depending on what games have normal or Delta variants.

tl;dr As long as Zeta/Omicron and Insurgence don’t get attacked by lawyers over this, I’m happy to see it.

1 Like

So… What happens if Game Freak decides that insurgence deltas are too similar and demand that the developers end development of this game? I’d honestly be torn with distraught, I looooove this game and am looking forward to the next update.

If they were so torn that this game is too much like their own… the fact that it uses all their pokemon would probably have aroused their anger a bit quicker.

also when you mentioned other games, some popular pokemon youtubers played this game over the others and since game freak could watch these vids makes me think that it was this game that made the deltas possible.

Why do you think they would do that when they haven’t yet over 721 other pokemon

To be fair, though, wasn’t Pokemon Evoas C&D’d despite having drastically different mechanics from the usual Pokemon games? I can see the reason for concern if people have been following projects that try to distance themselves somewhat from the main series games only for them to get shut down nonetheless.