RMT Post Game DEV Island Attempt

Hi,
this is my first post and also my first attempt at finishing this game.
I have never built a team before and never played competitively.

I like to give myself a challenge and build a team to beat the DEV Island with while using competitve rules (e.g. no items, set mode, hard difficulty).
I also don’t want to use legendaries.
I looked around some forum posts and took some inspiration and builds from @PeterHolmes74 and ezlaturbo (you both create really thorough and indepth posts here!) and put this team together (IVs and levels are maxed out):

Delta Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
-Draining Kiss
-Psyshock
-Calm Mind
-Moonlight

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EV: 252 SpA / 4 SpD /252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Hex
-Sludge Wave
-Will-O-Wisp
-Focus Blast / Substitute (Depending on the fight)

Delta Metagross (Spider) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Sticky Web
-Toxic Spikes

Delta Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EV: 188 HP / 146 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
-Bulk Up
-Seed Bomb
-Drain Punch
-Synthesis

Delta Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Waterfall
-Iron Head
-Crunch
-Agility

Delta Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EV: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Moon Blast
-Earth Power

This is basically the team I used to play through the game.
I also have two other mons that I used at some point in the game:

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EV: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Flamethrower
-Bug Buzz
-Giga Drain
-Quiver Dance

I used Volcarona instead of Gengar sometimes when i needed the fire coverage and gave D.Venusaur D.Venusarite when I did.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Soft-Boiled
-Seismic Toss

Chansey was used for more stall oriented Battles

My main strategy so far was to lead with D.Metagross (Spider) and set up Sticky Web and if possible 1-2 Toxic Spikes. Gengar would then be brought in with U-Turn or after a K.O. of one of my mons to sweep the enemy team with hex while being faster (because of the web).
Snorlax was used to absorb earthquakes and answer difficult ground / rock / steel types, while D.Haxorus could come in to finish enemies off, or be switched into ghost or psychic attacks.
D.Gardevoir represents alot of coverage and D.Venusaur absorbed dragon attacks.
If I had trouble setting up or encountered lots of flying types I used chansey as another way to get poison going.

I really enjoy the tanky playstyle of D.Snorlax or D.Venusaur and setting up a bunch while I also quite like sweeping teams with Mega Gengar or D.Haxours with Agility setup.

For Dev Island in particular:
Is there something I could change in order to improve my sweep strategy with Mega Gengar?
Or should i just drop it and go with a stall team with Chansey or a setup sweeper team with Volcarona?

Thank you all in advance!

1 Like

Edit: Apparently I can only tag one other users per post since I am new to this forum so i decided to tag @ezlaturbo in an answer separately to give credit.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m glad that I was able to help! I will say that Snorlax is a better Ghost switchin than Hax, while Hax can eat Steel and Rock moves easier, but this is a really strong team.

1 Like

You are right, I don’t know how I confused ghost with dark since D.Hax is used to be switched into dark moves.
So this should be good enough to bring to Dev Island?

1 Like

Steel no longer resists Dark as of Gen 6, which this game is built around. Use Chansey to switch into special attacks, and Metagross for physical attacks. Either way, D. Venusaur can probably come in on Dark types and Draining Kiss.

1 Like

Can’t believe I missed that, thanks.

1 Like