RMT Elite 4 Edition (New Moon & Hone Claws Take 2)

Well, I reached the elite 4, and swiftly got my butt handed to me (mainly because I was under leveled by about 10 or so & all my pokes are around level 80). Nevertheless, I thought it would be wise to reevaluate my team. Here is a link to my previous team build: New Moon & Hone Claws Combo I enjoy using New Moon & Hone Claws, and have added a Baton Pass wrinkle, but that takes a few steps to get to implement. I have been experimenting quite a bit with teams, but can’t come to a decision, just haven’t really felt comfortable with any groups I put together. Considering scrapping this plan all together and maybe doing a rain team, but I wanted to get community input because I am not sure how to best utilize some of my Pokemon. Also, hazards and priority wreck me. Anyway, here is my team:

Spiritomb [Noctem] {Dark Rock}

• Phantom Force
  • Sucker Punch
  • Taunt
  • Will-o-wisp

Sets up new moon, can take a few hits and burn attackers. Not sure if my two attacks are the way to go, but this pokemon has not left my team since I acquired it.

Gliscor [Poison heal] {Toxic Orb}

• Hone Claws
  • Earthquake
  • Knock Off
  • Baton Pass

Gliscor has been a very durable booster for me, so long as I watch out for those Ice attacks. I used to use a Blaziken for this for the added speed boosts before HC & BP, but the healing of Gliscor allows it to hang around for a lot longer. I do a couple Hone Claws boosts and then pass off to the attacker of my choice. EQ for STAB, I have Knock Off for utility and to hit harder under new moon, but I hardly ever use it. I think part of my problem is I like to bring too many attackers to switch into and don’t have my team varied enough.

Mega Hydreigon [Levitate] {Hydreigonite}

• Dark Pulse
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Flamethrower
  • Surf This has been my mega, and my special attacker. Doesn’t really even need the mega stone to fit on my team. Really enjoys New Moon, though I first thought surf was getting boosted, so it didn’t help as much as I thought. Will teach it Roost when I can, post elite 4.:persevere:

My team has been a revolving door for the rest of my slots. I usually run a pair of attackers and then a spot for a random pokemon. Here are some of the attackers I have used:

Tyrantrum [Rock Head] {Focus Sash}

• HEAD SMASH
  • Earthquake
  • Dragon Claw
  • Crunch

Tyrantrum is a nuke, but I have trouble keeping it alive because it doesn’t outspeed enough pokemon, and has quite a few weaknesses. I plan to replace this pokemon with M.D. Metagross, which Head Smashes better than Tyrantrum. Problem is, don’t have the mega stone for it yet.

Delta Scyther [Hustle] {Eviolite}

• Icicle Crash
  • Cross Chop
  • Night Slash
  • Ice Shard

Really enjoy using this pokemon, but it has a ton of weaknesses and not a lot of defense, though the Eviolite helps. Hits super hard though. Ice Shard for priority over coverage if I need to make sure to hit first.

Scizor (Technician) {Life Orb}

• Bullet Punch
  • U-Turn
  • Pursuit
  • Roost

This has been a great pokemon for me, and it doesn’t really even need a boost with life orb. I love to spam bullet punch. Fire types are annoying.

Delta Gallade (Volt Absorb) {?}

• Thunder Punch
  • Ice Punch
  • Livewire
  • Psycho Cut

No idea on this moveset. I need hazard support for this team, this mon provides that and give me good ATK. Unfortunately, can’t run this and D.Scyther at the same time.

I have had Blaziken, Rotom-W, M.D. Charizard, Gitriana, Mew, D.Volcarona, D. Snorlax, Talonflame, Swampert, Armor Tyranitar, M.Flygon, D.Roserade, Greninja, M.D.Typhlosion, and D. Blastoise all on my team at some point too. Just need to decide what direction to go with before I start investing in IV and EV training.

Thanks for reading through my massive and really excessive post.

replace M hydraigon with M D typhlosion ( timid 252 sp atk 252 speed thunderbolt, flash cannon, energy ball) his ability super cell increase the sp atk by 1,5 during intense darkness and he is broken.

I mean honestly you can just scarf the tyrantrum