Normal Story team thoughts

I’ve noticed that, recently, there’s been a very sharp increase in difficulty. I haven’t really played much Pokemon since Gen 5 (Accepting Pokemon Reborn, which is a fair bit easier) so Mega Evolutions and the Fairy type are all new to me, gameplay wise.

I’m wondering who, if anyone, I should sack for the sake of type coverage and team comp later down the line. Any help is appreciated. Not really interested in doing competitive battling later.

D. Blastoise (Starter) Lvl. 61,
Moveset: Aura Sphere, Iron Head, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot
Nature: Naive, Ability: Shadow Call. Holding a Mega-stone.

Talonflame, Lvl. 58
Moveset: Work Up, Brave Bird, Acrobatics, Flare Blitz.
Nature: Serious Ability: Flame Body. No item for Acrobatics.

Gengar. Lvl. 57
Moveset: Hex, Shadowball, Dark Pulse and Venoshock
Nature: Lax Ability: Levitate, holding a Life Orb.

Kingdra, Lvl. 58 (Thanks to OT: Rex for the Wondertrade!)
Moveset: Focus Energy, Surfe, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse
Nature: Docile Ability: Swift Swim, Holding a Focus Band.

Serperior. Lvl. 61
Moveset: Coil, Leaf Blade, Giga Drain, Aqua Tail
Nature: Naive, Ability: Overgrow, holding a Miracle Seed

Electivire, Lvl. 58 (From the trade in Midna Town)
Moveset: Electroball, Thunder, Fire Punch and Low Kick
Nature: Calm, Ability: Static, holding a Magnet.

For the sake of story progress, I just beat Taen’s Armored Zekrom (by the skin of my teeth, might I add.)

Firt of all, I’m not a expert in team coposition so for me ou team is good.
In my recomendation I will trade work up by bulk up in you Talonflame.
Because you will not use the special attack that work up give to you
The bulk up TM is in midna cave if you don’t know

I’d say you are good, way better type wise and stat wise compared to my Team while playing Hard mode. If you still find yourself having too much trouble I recommend EV training, it makes all the difference.

Here is a list of Friend Safari EV Training Spots, and if you want to make things go a little faster use the power bracelets that you can buy in Helios City.

Is there any way to reset current EVs? Because I’ve used most of this team from the beginning of the game, everybody has scattered EVs (though not exactly maxed, yet.)

Electivire and Serperior, in particular, have ridiculously inflated defensive stats because of how much I’ve been relying on them for the high density of Abyssal Cult fights, and the even more frequent battles against Wild water-type Pokemon.

you can reset EVs in the secret base, you can go to mine if you can’t afford/don’t want to buy it (froggi_chair)

also,here is my take on your team

blastoise:I if you want to sweep with nasty plot, I’d switch iron head for a good special coverage move. EX: dragon pulse, flash cannon

Talonflame; Just replace work up with bulk up and you’re good ( you may wanna give it a flying gem during important battles) or get rid of brave bird for roost/taunt

Gengar: I’d go ahead and get rid of dark pulse for will o wisp/ toxic to power up both to power up venoshock and hex. If you don’t want toxic, go for sludge bomb/wave for all around better stab

Kingdra: A shame it doesn’t have sniper but whatever, get rid of dragon dance for ice beam, and possibly give it a life orb. You can also trash focus energy for another coverage move and run choice specs

Serperior: get rid of giga drain for iron tail or knock off

electivire: get rid of electro ball and thunder for thunderbolt and flamethrower/ earthquake