Need some team advice

So, I’m not exactly used to competitive battling, so I want some suggestions for these movesets. This is for Hard Mode difficulty. It isn’t a whole team, but any help would be appreciated. Just know I don’t plan on doing much, if any, breeding.

Delta Metagross (Ruin) @ D.Metagrossite (Ruin)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

• Hone Claws
  • Earthquake
  • Crystal Rush/Diamond Storm
  • Wood Hammer

Delta Greninja @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 Spe / 8 HP
Adamant Nature

• Leaf Blade
  • U-Turn
  • Blaze Kick
  • Knock Off

I decided against Mewtwo. It’s not really my style.

I also considered making the Ruingross a Mega. Should I?
I’m out of replies, so I won’t be able to respond until tomorrow.

1 Like

Hugh? Is it for competitive or adventure?

most likely the battle frontier, as there is only 3 mons and they’re ev trained

If you read it, it’s for a Hard Mode playthrough. The team’s just incomplete.

1 Like

Ok. If we focus on Delta Metagross, yeah, make it mega. Use this set:

Delta Metagross (Ruin) @ D.Metagrossite(Ruin)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Hone Claw
-Head Smash
-Wood Hammer
-Crystal Rush/Protect

@ezlaturbo is better suited for D.Greninja’s set.

As for partner, I think Gengar, Delta Haxorus, Scizor, Detla Gardevoir, Hippodown, Excadrill and Gyarados are nice options.

1 Like

Well, if you don’t wanna burn your mega slot, another option is Scarf/Band. Rock Head, same EVs/Nature, and Crystal Rush, and EQ/Drain Punch for the last slot. I used SR on my scarf set, but that was for a team that could utilize it.

1 Like

I like Sun D. Gren, with Focus Sash, and Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Sunny Day, Giga Drain/Energy Ball/Solar Beam, and Focus Blast/Dark Pulse/Uturn for the last slot. It has good physical options, capable of running an Adamant/Jolly set with Leaf Blade, Blaze Kick, Sucker Punch/Knock Off, SD/Uturn/Switcheroo(If running Band/Scarf to cripple walls).

1 Like

Delta Haxorus can run a mean Choice Band set with Heavy Slam/Iron Head(Depends on ability), Aqua Jet(pre-evo exclusive), and coverage, like EQ and Crunch/Knock Off(Ability dependent) or Dragon Tail for phazing. He can also run SD or Taunt, SEdge/Rock Slide, X Scissor, Draco Jet/Bullet Punch, Outrage, and Superpower.

I personally wouldn’t use x scissor, outrage, or draco jet as they aren’t very good coverage moves (dragon being only effective against dragon) and use waterfall or knock off, or a fang move (ability dependent of course)

X-Scissor helps depending on the team. For teams that hate at least 2 of these: Dark, Grass, Psychic; it can be useful. Also really helps vs Shadow Mewtwo.

@Asylian22, First, I love the prof pic. Next, You need coverage. Two grass types are not that good. You may wanna use somethin else instead of D.ninja. I suggest this:

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Jolly Nature

• Fire punch
  • Hi Jump Kick
  • Earthquake
  • Hone Claws

I am not very good at this. Is this set good @ezlaturbo and @PeterHolmes74?

2 Likes

Kinda… but could be better.

The main problem Blaziken have is that his stab either have big drawbacks (Flare Blitz and Hi Jump Kick) or misses out on power (Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut). The sets are good, but use Swords Dance as a boosting move to compensate for your low power. If you want to use Hi Jump Kick, consider Hone Claw to patch the accuracy. Baton Pass is also an option to give speed to its teammate. Protect can also be used to make pass weather turns and get a safe first boost.

So use hone claws and Hi jump kick?

And Blaze Kick>Fire Punch. Though if you don’t mind recoil(I do), run Flare Blitz.

i thought about it but i really like d.ninja. i may have a blaziken on my team though. i’m not sure. thanks for the suggestion though, @ezlaturbo, @PeterHolmes74. i’ll do what you suggested. now i just need to find 4 other mons I like to add to my team.

1 Like

If you need more help with teams, don’t hesitate to ask!

1 Like