Need help with elite 4 team

I am currently struggling with the elite 4 of the game. I am playing on Normal mode. I’ve managed to get by the first member. But i keep getting sandstormed out at the second one.

Here’s my current team. none of these are ev/iv trained as that stuff confuses the living daylights out of me. I am also working on leveling stuff up want my team to be around level 100 for run through.

First member:

Ninjask
Ablilty: Speed Boost
Held item: Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Moves:
Protect
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Substitute

D Metagross (spider)
Ability: Poison Touch
Held Item: D Metagrossite
Nature: Bold
Moves:
Sticky Web
Earthquake
Gunk Shot
X-Scissor

Mew
Ability: Synchronize
Held Item: Deep Sea Tooth
Nature: Hardy
Moves:
Psychic
Ancient Power
Calm Mind
Baton Pass

Drapion
Ability: Sniper
Held Item: Razor Claw
Nature: Quirky
Moves:
Toxic Spikes
Night Slash
Hone Claws
Cross Poison

Tyranitar
Ability: Sandstream
Held Item: Shell Bell (may switch for the item that extends sandstorms)
Nature: Hardy
Moves:
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Roar

D Venusaur
Ability: Psycho Call
Held Item: D Venusaurite (or what ever its called)
Nature: Lax
Moves:
Calm Mind
Leech Seed
Psychic
Moonblast

I’ve managed to get a good strategy for Kayla. I set up using Ninjask and baton pass into Drapion.
Also any suggestions on better items is welcome too. Thank you <3

For kayla, try using taunt or haze, she’s only good because of those stat changes, if she switches into Sylveon with all those stat changes, you’re in big trouble, cause it has stored power!

I have a strategy for Kayla already. I start off with Ninjask and use a Substitute/Swords Dance combo until attack is stacked to x4 as well as 3.5x speed then I baton pass out to Drapion and switch between using Night Slash and Cross Poison

For London, switch into delta metagross and mega, so you can take out that mega reinuculous

I havent gotten to London yet. I struggle against Eduard and his hippowdon.

Taunt is very useful, since they use sandstorm, hail, trick room, and baton pass

I swapped Tyranitar’s item to the Choice Scarf so I can try and outspeed Hippowdon and I gave Mew the Choice specs.

Gengar is a solid choice. With taunt, he totally dominate Kyla and 100% wall Eduard’s lead as well as outspeeding anything but his sweepers. If you don’t play on hard, I remember Yuki’s lead to have Thick Fat instead of Oblivious and thus preventing hazards.

I used Scizor and I cannot talk about E4 without mentioning it. Simple, with 156 EV Speed and adamant, is outspeed Adamant Tyrantar while underspending London’s Reunicluss and defeating it with Bug Bite. Plus, it can easily eat a Shadow Ball or Focus Blast to setup a Swords Dance. If you ever manage to setup 2 Swords Dance on the champion’s lead, then you click Bullet Punch and you won. Only his D.Haxorus might ever be a problem, but you will get rid of his best legendary in the process.

Also, if you do take PeterHolmes’s advice, make sure that Gengar has levitate ( don’t mega evolve ) and also make sure that Scizor has Technician + 252 Attack EVs.
I will try to explain EVs and IVs to the best of my ability.

EVs and EV Training

Think of EV Training like going to the gym. Different activities improve different features of you, like doing sit ups increases your leg strength, lifting weights increases your arm strength, etc.

In the world of Pokémon, your “features” would be EVs and the “activities” would be defeating Pokémon. Certain Pokémon increase your Speed EV, some increase your Attack EV, some increase your Special Attack EV, and so on, but they only increase these after you defeat them.

Each Pokémon has an EV yield, which is how much they increase your Pokemon’s EVs after you defeat them. For example, after defeating a Sawk, your Pokémon gets 2 Attack EVs.

Pokémon can also hold certain items that make EV training faster, like how if you hold weights while doing sit ups, it will improve your leg strength more.

The maximum amount of EVs that a Pokémon can have is 508. The maximum amount of EVs a Pokémon can have in a single stat is 252, similar to how if you keep training your arm strength, at a point, it will just stop improving. Or like a limiter in One Punch Man. (if you don’t watch OPM just ignore that lol)

Now, you might be wondering, what do EVs even do, and why are they so important?
For every 4 EVs that your Pokémon has in a stat, it gains 1 stat point in that stat if the level of the Pokémon is 100. This might not seem like much, but remember that the maximum amount of EVs in a stat is 252. If you divide 252 by 4, you get 63, meaning if a Pokémon is fully EV trained in a single stat, it will gain 63 extra stat points in that stat, which is huge. This also means that if a Pokémon is fully EV trained (has used up all 508 EVs) it would add 127 to its Base Stat Total.
[/details]

IVs
Think of IVs as genetics. If your parents are muscular, you will be quite muscular as well. If your parents are attractive, you will be quite attractive as well.

This means that there are no ways to change the IVs of Pokémon (except IV stones which change genetics in this game and shouldn’t exist lol), but there is a way to control what IVs a egg will have when it hatches, which can be found here.

A Pokémon can have a maximum of 31 IVs in a single stat, meaning that the max IVs a Pokémon can have is 186

1 IV = 1 Stat Point. This means if a Pokémon has max IVs in a stat, it would gain 31 Stat Points in that stat. This also means that if a Pokemon has max IVs (31 in each stat), it would have 186 Stat Points added to its Base Stat Total.

Keep in mind that IVs are in no means necessary to have a good Pokémon and are usually only bred for competitive use. I’m only mentioning it for the sake of explaining.

idk if you will even read this because its too long but whatever lol

Edit: just realized that there’s already a much better and shorter explanation here but ill leave this up anyways because I worked hard on it :pensive: