My guide for the E4/Pokémon meta discussion hub

necro

I beat you to it.

for me, a mega D. Blastoise absolutely MURDERS Yuki.

The problem is that D. Trevenant makes it not a good answer to Yuki.

i just have a mew with sludge wave for that it worked fine.

Yeah, but still, if you’re going to say that a mon beats an E4 member, you mean that it can essentially solo them. And for those playing Normal+ difficulties, that would mean sacking or running a designated pivot mon, as for the second, the only one off the top of my head that has a good MU in its own right is Scizor. It’s not a bad mon vs. the E4, but it’s about a 50/50, so it’s often better to run something else that generally has more positive matchups.

My team was M.Metagross, Gardevoir, D.dragonite, D.snorlax, Giratina (was not that good tbh), and Volcarnoa

D.snorlax once it got a belly drum and a potion it tanked i think 1 or 2 of the E4. D.Dragonite is a must as Getting Rain dance, Aqua tail, Wild charge and power-up punch is OP. It guarteneed sweep against the rest of E4 + the champ (with a little help from Mega. Metagross).

For the Champion, what i did when he took out D.Haxorus (which is water-typing and D.dragonite is water-electric) i started setting up with a power-up punch (and i have an x-attack to waste.) Before it dies, set-up rain dance and then sweep his team with aqua tails.

water steel

the point is, you sweep. He sets-up automize Sometimes which gives you about 1-3 free turns + the resistance against water-typings.

Look, it’s not about what worked for you, but what is optimal. If you’re gonna make a guide about how every mon does something in the E4, go do that. Most mons can make a dent here or there, used properly. However, it’s about which ones have the most utility throughout the entire E4 and Champion, as well as the most positive matchups.

1 Like

@Derpysaga Here, your team is clearly suboptimal, as manually setting Rain Dance costs you a turn, forcing you to rely on RNG for him not to pick EQ. D. Haxorus is not a guaranteed sweep, and you have to keep in mind that most people won’t have EVs, IVs, or good natures, which is why strong mons that are good overall is better than something that can maybe net a few KOs vs a member. Who knows, I could probably get lucky with Phys M. D. Toise, and KO Yuki’s team, supposing I rolled Adamant and 31 ATK IVs. But not everyone will get that, nor is it the best strategy. Suboptimal doesn’t mean unusable, but it’s not the best it could be.

Why did people revive this

Cuz, and anyways, it’s better to revive Guides than any other type ig.

Guess so

Also, for those on Hard mode, Potions are not available, so that strat isn’t as good.

Wouldn’t sitrus berry work?

ok sorry

Yeah, though, it’s not easy to get Berries in the main game. Also, Leftovers is easier to use. You could use Synthesis, but you’re giving up an attack slot on an offensive mon. BU variants are generally more consistent overall.