Kangaskhan Hard Run Solo Mode: And We're Back

Hi again, thanks to all who have helped thus far!

By way of update, I got past Harmony, Audrey (she was a joke, easy to Sub on her Lanturn and boost), Anastasia, Taen v2 (such a funny battle- critted his Mega and A. Zekrom to death, got froze by the Kyurem, defrosted immediately after and KO’d it), the crazy old lady in Oranos Town (caught the Gengar on the switch with Crunch so it didn’t Mega and make my life miserable), Zenith v1 (honestly one of the easier matchups so far) and Taen v3 (super frustrating when your teammate spams useless moves as they’re being massacred by a Mega Typlosion and two Ubers, but finally managed somehow).

Now… I’m at Calreath. Full rain team, permarain with three setters even if Kanga could learn Sunny Day (which I’m pretty sure it can’t). As of yet, I haven’t made it past the D. Dragonite (Swift Swim, Choice Band, rain-boosted and STAB Waterfall…uugghhh). So! I again ask you, my fellow trainers, do you see a possible solution to this predicament? I’m at the level cap (79), with Cal’s highest being 75. Advice/comments is/are always welcome. Thanks for reading!

3 Likes

Uh maybe get the mega stone if you can

That would honestly make everything so much easier, but I don’t get the Mega Stone until just before the E4 :’(

you can probably get someone to trade it to you

overlevel

i can get you the mega stone :slight_smile:

Technically, rules could be bent to allow trading, I just personally feel that it messes with the spirit of the solo run challenge. I will try with my current setup, if I cannot for the life of me make any progress I will allow myself to overlevel by 5 (which I have only had to do once so far, for Harmony). Having the Mega Stone traded should be the absolute last resort.

Thanks all for the suggestions/offers for help, I’ll let you know how it goes!

I forgot, Adamant or Jolly? I did some calcs and you can win with Adamant LO EQ, the only problem is that it outspeeds and oneshots. You have a 6.2% chance to live.

Lvl 74 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Waterfall vs. Lvl 79 0 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan in Rain: 276-325 (98.9 - 116.4%) – 93.8% chance to OHKO

Leveling up once:

Lvl 74 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Waterfall vs. Lvl 80 0 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan in Rain: 271-321 (96 - 113.8%) – 81.3% chance to OHKO

Leveling twice:

Lvl 74 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Waterfall vs. Lvl 81 0 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan in Rain: 268-316 (93.7 - 110.4%) – 62.5% chance to OHKO

Leveling 5 times:

Lvl 74 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Waterfall vs. Lvl 84 0 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan in Rain: 259-306 (87.5 - 103.3%) – 18.8% chance to OHKO

Leveling 10 times:

Lvl 74 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Waterfall vs. Lvl 89 0 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan in Rain: 246-289 (78.5 - 92.3%) – guaranteed 2HKO

You have a chance to live it badly. Your other option is to somehow keep a Sub up and OHKO from behind the Sub with EQ, you’ll probably wanna do that anyways. Forgot, at Lvl. 79, Adamant LO EQ has a 50% chance to OHKO.

1 Like

Looks good, only problem being the Earthquake TM is in Victory Road :sweat_smile:

Funny story: I had one run out of the past thirty attempts or so where I got all the way to Manaphy, miscalculated how hard I was hitting and attacked instead of healed. It held on with what looked like half an HP and KO’d me. I was livid, haha…

Anyways, moral of the story is I can make it that far as I am now, provided a few things:

1. I can’t be fully paralyzed by Heliolisk’s Thunder
  2. D. Drago has to use Wild Charge or Ice Punch
  3. Nothing crits (almost any attack that is not Goodra’s Ice Beam/D. Drago’s Ice Punch does me in, iirc)
  4. Dragonite doesn’t use Superpower
  5. I can get defense drops from Crunch on Goodra and Manaphy (possibly Politoed but I didn’t need them that one time)

I think Return should KO at about Lvl 82. Lemme check.
NVM, it’s 88.

Lvl 88 252+ Atk Life Orb Kangaskhan Return vs. Lvl 74 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 208-246 (86.3 - 102%) – 12.5% chance to OHKO

1 Like

23 Hyper Potions and 10 Full Restores later… finally beat Calreath!

4 Likes

yup, narra then dream realm

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

btw why did you withdraw the post

1 Like

also i feel like this should go in #fanmade-content:lets-plays-videos

1 Like

Figured a different topic would be more appropriate. I’ll move it there, then.

1 Like

k cool

3 Likes

Stay tuned: Zenith and the Infernal Cult are up next! I’ll try and include more pictures since this kinda evolved from asking for help to an actual playthrough. Please be patient, as I have 5 online classes this term and everything wraps up around the same time :sweat_smile: Again, thanks for all of the help and comments!

4 Likes

good luck ig

3 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes