Just looking for opinions on my current team

my team is as follows (iam am aiming to finish my runthrew with this team including dev island if possible) btw i am currently in the middle of the holon side quest so post-game.
any opinions would be great!!! :slight_smile:

Mega hydregion: sick design with pretty cool ability (also shiny)
flash cannon, dragon pulse, dark pulse, flamethrower/roost

delta snorlax: TANK also looks awesome when pink
thick fat ofc
earthquake, drain punch, seed bomb, belly drum

tyranitar with armor: just wanted a pokemon with armor and it has been working splendid the whole time while using it
stone edge, dragon dance (well worth it to breed), earthquake, crunch

delta chandelure: needed a fairy type and this was the coolest
fairy aura
flamethrower, moon blast, no clue what last two moves should be

delta haxoraus: FREAKIN BEAST no other words
crush jaw (forgot the name)
swordsdance, aquatail, ice fang, iron head

delta blaziken: 10/10 design and typing
gale wings
zen headbutt, bravebird, superpower, air slash (to be used after super power if nessasery)

once again any advice + tips would be appreciated
i absolutely fell in love with this game from the challenge and the amazing storyline. wish this much time and effort was put into the real games.

Since you are Post-Game, try to get HM Waterfall for Haxorus. I’ll give you some sets ideas. However, I feel like your Fighting Types check are too frail for how many Fighting Weakness you have.

Use a spread of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe EVs for your Hydreigon

I personally prefer a Bulk Up set for D.Snorlax, but that one looks fine.

I personally don’t like Dragon Dance Tyranitar without its Mega. I would see your Tyranitar as a bulky support with:
Tyranitar @ Tyranitar Armor / Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed/Impish Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit/Crunch
-Ice Beam/Fire Blast/Crunch

Delta Chandelure is a BEAST.
Chandelure-Delta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Moonblast
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Energy Ball

Delta Haxorus has an underrated ability, Water Veil. For a physical attacker like it, being immune to burn is a big advantage. Yours to decide though. Another set could be Heavy Metal + Heavy Slam, but is less consistant. Delta Haxorus learns Aqua Jet by pre-evolution. Bullet Punch is fine too.
Haxorus-Delta @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw/Water Veil
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Aqua Jet
-Iron Head/Earthquake/Ice Fang
-Waterfall/Earthquake/Ice Fang

After you used Superpower, just switch.
Delta Blaziken @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wing
Adamant Nature
-Brave Bird
-Zen Headbutt
-Earquake
-Superpower/U-Turn

3 Likes

@PeterHolmes74 Hey man thanks so much for the input. The ev spreads and item input is a huge help. Now that I think about it bulk up actually does make a lot more sense on snorlax. The chandelure set is bomb.

The fighting weakness is 100% huge do u recommend any better checks that I could swap for delta blaziken (Preferably delta or cool regular Pokémon).

Generally I love this team just because of the design and raw power so Prbly not gonna switch much except maybe delta blaziken for a better check.

One last thing would you suggest any three Pokémon from my cousins party to go in the battle frontier. I’ve heard it’s hard af so need some reccomendations. Not a huge competitive person myself.

First, team. I think you could switch either Tyranitar or Mega Hydreigon. Tyranitar give you a bulky Pokémon in your physically frail team, although TTar is better as specially defensive than physically due to its typing. My opinions on Hyderigon alternatives:

• Mega Altaria for a Bulky Dragon Dance user
  • Mega Salamence for the same reason + Intimidate pre-mega to weaken physical attacks
  • Mega Delta Venusaur because it can beat any major battles in the game by itself
  • Mega Delta Charizard also does a good job at dismantling teams with good coverage and very powerful Shadow Ball

If you are looking for an armoured Pokémon, get Delta Volcarona. I’ll be serious, I think it is one of the 3 most broken Delta Pokémon in the game. That shit can run one of the most annoying defensive set out there (Toxapex level of cancer) that can still do decent damages or an offensive set with almost 50 viable options. Levitate + Dark/Poison means it has no typing weakness. I highly recommend using a defensive variant with Max HP and Max Defense in your case. That set specifically:
Volcarona-Delta-Armor @ Volcarona-Delta Armor
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
-Dark Pulse
-Corrode
-Roost
-Toxic Spikes/U-Turn

Or, you can also switch delta Haxorus for the one and only Gyarados. This is simple, it can, by itself, destroy 2 of the 5 elite four member, including the champion, with this set:
Gyarados @ Mystic Water
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Waterfall
-Custom move [Grass]
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt

This is what I call the Elite Breaker, capable of shutting down Kyla and Eduard. The strategy is similar: Taunt the lead to prevent shenanigans (Spore and Setup for Kyla, Stealth Rock and Wirlwind for Eduard), use Dragon Dance once or twice, then win. Moxie is crucial to get enough power to break through would-be-check in Mega Slowbro for Kyla and Rotom-W for Eduard with Custom Move Grass. Gyarados being 81 base speed and Jolly means it can outspeed a Blaziken at +1 in speed after a Dragon Dance and OHKO.
Get all IV at 31 (except SpA, doesn’t matter at all). You can get an hidden ability Majicarp in the Friend Safari by entering “cmp150” where you select who’s safari you want to get in. The Custom Move can be accessed in the black market. You can get Gyarados and use it only on the E4 battles of course.

Second, battle frontier. This is what is generally considered the best team: