Issues with save file copy/transferring for update

i’m a big fan of Pokemon Insurgence, and have loved it since downloading it last year(On mac, if that makes a difference). However I’ve never been able to go online; when i attempt to, it simply essentially gives a “connecting(press C)” screen until it tells me “the script is taking to long and the game will now restart”. Now this was version 1.1.8., to clarify. I most recently came here and saw the available latest update, 1.1.8.2, which i figured may hopefully fix the issue.(and even if it didn’t, still good to be updated to the latest version of the game.) However, even though i followed multiple sources instructions on transferring your current games save/progress (including the FAQ’s and those of questions) my game data fails to transfer; no matter how many times i copy over or even transfer my current game.rgssad file(i looked for the “Game.rxdata file”, but didn’t see it, only the “game.rgssad file”), the game starts up and only gives the option to start a new game. If theres anybody who could assist me in fixing this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

The save locations on mac seem to be different depending on whether you’re on el captain/sierra.

Mac: Right click the app, Show Package Contents, drive_c, Program Files, Pokemon Insurgence

Mac (El Capitan&Sierra): Right click the app, Show Package Contents, drive_c/Users/Wineskin/Saved Games/Pokemon Insurgence

Start a new game, save once as soon as possible, and check the locations above. If it has only one rxdata file (name: Game.rxdata), paste the main save files there and try loading the game.

Thank you very much, This worked and my save data transferred fine. The only odd thing i see is that my current save is immediately following the battle in the jade tower(with Damian and the sky cultists on either side of you) before you head to the roof; however upon loading up the save transferred 1.1.8.2, it put me at the entryway to the room(between the bookshelves); Damian is standing at the stair. i talk to Damian, he says his lines about warning the augar, and then it walks the two of us up to the battle arena. Immediately following that i can move again and Damian is gone, i walk back towards the bookshelf and Damian is standing between the bookshelves, saying his lines about “The augar lied” ect. Not a problem, just something odd(doubt its a bug) i noticed. Everything else appears to be fixed/the same, i.e. the connecting issues and my pokémon’s levels(as an example)respectively.

I remember one of the updates bugging out if you were in the middle of any event, that would explain that bug. Try reloading a back up save and check if it’s before that event? Or finish that event in the old version, save and the transfer save to the new version.

For your connection issues, if you haven’t already done the above, then try that(because it worked for a few users).

If you already did that, then try

• adding the game as an exception to the firewall.
  • restarting your mac?
  • Or this?

These are all the suggestions that you can try, one among the above worked for most mac users, hope it works out for you too.

1 Like

1.1.8.2 should have fixed the connection problems (1.1.8 online did not work for mac users).

A handful(around 10-20 people that I’m aware of) still have the issue though even on 1.1.8.2. Tried contacting them about couple of months ago and of those 5 who responded, 5 couldn’t get it to work while restarting worked for one :confused: