(Mac 1.1.8.2) Friend Safari - Script is hanging

When I go to the friend safari or online play (in the pokégear), the game seems to do nothing for around 60 seconds and then tells me that the script is hanging. The server status seems to be Operational for friend safari. I’ve altered my router temporarily to trust all calls just to make sure it’s not the router. I’m on the latest version of Mac OS X (Sierra 10.12). Is there something I can do on my end to correct this? It seems that other Mac users are able to go online without issue, additionally, in a previous version I had no issue going online.

@cow538 this guy might be able to help you. Also had the same issue when my internet had problems, btw, you might want to join the discord server since more people are there and your question will most likely be answered there faster.

1 Like

Did it work before you updated to OS X Sierra?

1 Like

Well, I played a lot about a year ago or so with 1.1.6. It stopped working in the spring of this year when I switched jobs prior to Sierra. Since there were some server changes around that time, I figured it was just a server status issue and figured not to do online play until recently. I don’t think it’s a Sierra issue. I’m running a wine test to see if the log comes up with anything useful.

Thank you - I did join the discord server prior to posting this.

Ok, so when I ran fiddler it seems that the game is not even attempting to send a network call. I’m going to try Charles Proxy as the Mac Fiddler is super buggy.

I just ran Charles Proxy and again, no network call is sent throughout the entire attempt to connect to a network. I believe that this means the app never gets to send content to the server or the tools I used would see the attempt. I wonder if it’s a permissions issue somewhere or if it’s an error prior to any connection code.

I just asked this question in the WineHQ IRC:

I’m playing a game on Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) via wine. Everything works great except any kind of online/network connectivity. When I used CharlesProxy or Fiddler, no network calls are showing up in the CharlesProxy and Fiddler log. When I check the Wine last run log, all I see are graphic issues and fixes (which to me seem unrelated). Is there some kind of permission or configuration I’m missing?

LastRunWine.log:

err:display:macdrv_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1920x1200x32 @60!

fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl Unsupported ioctl 4d004 (device=4 access=3 func=401 method=0)

err:winediag:query_gpu_description Invalid GPU override 8086:6821 specified, ignoring.

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x81ce9c,0x00000000), stub!

LastRunx11.log:

Engine Used: WS9Wine1.9.11
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:
  Model Name: MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5
  Processor Name: Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
  Number of Processors: 1
  Total Number of Cores: 4
  L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
  L3 Cache: 6 MB
  Memory: 16 GB
  Boot ROM Version: MBP114.0172.B09
  SMC Version (system): 2.30f2

Graphics/Displays:

AMD Radeon R9 M370X:
  Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M370X
  Type: GPU
  Bus: PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width: x8
  VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
  Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID: 0x6821
  Revision ID: 0x0083
  ROM Revision: 113-C5670E-777
  Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
  gMux Version: 4.0.20 [3.2.8]
  EFI Driver Version: 01.00.777
  Metal: Supported
Intel Iris Pro:
  Chipset Model: Intel Iris Pro
  Type: GPU
  Bus: Built-In
  VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
  Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID: 0x0d26
  Revision ID: 0x0008
  Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
  gMux Version: 4.0.20 [3.2.8]
  Metal: Supported
  Displays:
    Color LCD:
      Display Type: Retina LCD
      Resolution: 2880 x 1800 Retina
      Retina: Yes
      Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
      Main Display: Yes
      Mirror: Off
      Online: Yes
      Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
      Built-In: Yes

I just updated to the latest engine for wine (1.9.21) and this didn’t seem to fix it either.

ok - I re-re-downloaded 1.1.8.2, started a new game, created a new save file with a new user and noticed that it worked. I then copied over my older save files (not the game.rxdata - then reloaded the game. I then shut down and reloaded my old game.rxdata over it. I’m not sure if the server settings were bugged or something but this fixed it somehow.

R.I.P Me, Mac user…! :frowning: :frowning: