In-game viability

Ah, so it’s a matter of ability and speed? But even then, mega d Scizor gets adaptability, which is still a great ability.

2 Likes

But it does not have the speed to take fully advantage of it. 70-ish is way to low.

Hmmm

Well, it can learn hone claws and agility and vacuum wave too to get rid of focus sash’s

Vacuum Wave is useless on Scizor, Ice Shard is better in every way.

Regardless I would rather have delta Scizor on my team, which I actually had and destroyed and tanked almost anything. And as for speed problems, agility and choice scarf take care of that pretty well. Hustle isn’t the best because of the high power stab move that this line gets don’t have the best accuracy, and adaptability worked for me just fine. I still like Scizor more, and I personally think it’s better, but in terms of hitting really hard, mega delta Scizor and delta scyther are probably almost on par. With one having slightly better attack.

Almost. actually, during Hail, D. Scizor can surpass D. Scyther, with higher speed, but Hustle isn’t too bad, as you can run Sash Hone Claws. Also Hustle HC allows for a Higher attack stat than D. Scizor.

True but M E G A S C I Z O R

There are just better megas to use

Like Mega Delta Venusaur, for example

Delta Scizor is not bad by any means, it is just that Delta Scyther is far better, must note tho, Mega Delta Scizor get Adaptability and Ice Shard which is pretty cool lmao

I think delta Scizor better

It immediately loses that speed for power. D. Scizor is good vs Yuki, but not many other notable trainers. It’s a decent pokemon, but if I were to rank them in Smogon tiers, Scyther would be UUBL or OU, while Scizor would be UU or lower. It would be like Colo, low tier, but a major threat on the right team, essentially functioning like A. Sandslash.

Scyther could actually sit in OU, while Delta Scizor is at most UU/RU

Again, that depends on the meta, as there isn’t much of one rn, I can only guess.

Well my scyther got annihilated by anything that could hit it. My Scizor could actually do something and tank the hits while dishing out a lot of damage and taking out a few Pokémon.

Again, I’m talking about Optimal Sets. So yeah, non-Jolly Scyther is worthless, but if it’s EV trained and has Jolly, it’s a beast.

What about Delta Chandelure? I never used it.

It’s ok, about as good as normal Chand