In-Game Viability Rankings

ALRIGHT. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while now, and I finally got around to it. So let’s begin…
S-Tier

Episode 1 by @BackInBlack

Delta Ralts

In-game matchups

This thing is insane. Great matchups against a bunch of the gym leaders and Abyssal Cult, and its STABs beat a bunch of Damian’s mons, like Shaymin-S, Crawdaunt, and D-Zard. It also beats Nora’s Crobat, Leavanny, Bayleaf, and Celebi. However, the real places it shines are the Nyx battle and the Elite 4. It hits EVERYTHING on Nyx’s teams SE with it’s STABs besides M-Kanga, which it can kill with a SE Shadow Ball. With the E4, it may not have a great MU against Yuki, and only an ok one against London, with Taunt it shuts down Kayla’s entire team (besides Blaziken), and with its STABs and f-miss/Shadow Ball it easily beats Eduard.

Movepool/Stats

D. Gard’s got a great movepool and great stats and ability. Base 125 Special Attack and 80 Speed/165 and 100 with Mega means it’s decently fast and hits insanely hard. While base 65 HP and 65 Def may mean it’s not very physically bulky, it’s got an great base 115 SpDef (135 on Mega), meaning it should be able to live a special attack or two before going down. It’s movepool is phenomenal, though. It gets Ice Beam, T-Bolt, Blizzard, Thunder, and CM by level up, Moonblast via Move Relearner, and a ton of coverage via TM, including F-Miss, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball and Flash Cannon, and Earth Power and Signal Beam via Move Tutor.

Availability

D. Ralts is available very early on, just before the second gym at level 15, which means not much grinding is required to get it on level with the rest of your team. However, it’s a static encounter, meaning if you faint it you can’t get another one without trading.

And that’s all for today! Let me know if you want a second episode, and you guys are free to edit it if you want :joy:.

Episode 2 by @ezlaturbo

Delta Bulbasaur

In-game matchups

Destroys everything. No specific matchup needed, throw it at any fight and it will come out on top.

Movepool/Stats

Spread:
80/82/83/100/100/80
Mega Spread:
80/100/123/122/120/80
Decent Speed and SpA make it a good sweeper and possibly one of the best pokemon for a solo run. It has good bulk too. Its mega has the great ability Hubris, a special Moxie. With Timid Nature and Max Investment in Speed and Special Attack, it can run the fantastic set of Calm Mind, Psychic/shock, Moonblast, and Shadow Ball, only occasionally needing to switch moves for Focus Blast.

Availability

Starter, or post-E4 if you pick another starter.

1 Like

Well, no. D.Gard/Gall cannot pass Blaziken.

edited in that

Don’t do episodes as this is a guide, edit it in.

would u guys consider d scyther s tier?

Maybe A plus

Yeah. A, or A+ tops. We should arrange them in order, so write out all the tiers then the mons. Eevee is A tier, good throughout the whole game except the start. D. Squirtle is a B+ or A, and D. Charmander is very good early game and decent through the late game, so A. Hmm, D. Aipom is a C, C+, nothing worth using there, might be decent, but not good. Butterfree gets a B, great for starting out, not much else in the forest or cave stands out.

I feel like Gastly is also a pretty high tier, maybe A or A+. U get it very early and witchdoctor lets u get a gengar pre-third gym. I agree that Butterfree is a B, nice early game movepool and stats but falls off soon. I also think that Rotom is around A or B, he’s incredibly strong early game and u can get him as early as telnor

1 Like

also if he wants to i feel like @PeterHolmes74 should write the analysis on Ralts/Garde just bc of how much he loves it lmao

1 Like

U can see mons tiers at the battle sim btw

1 Like

thats competitive viability, which doesnt account for stuff like in-game matchups and availability iirc

1 Like

Oh wait yeah

dumb gia smh

2 Likes

BTW, I’d put Scyther on S Tier

2 Likes

flagged

1 Like

Jk…

1 Like