I think I got a good set for my e4 battle!

oh and even if i wanted the mega im not in endgame…

oh.
OH.
you’re at the first battle?

so yea i cant get the armor for d volc eithwer

• Fire ✓ (D. Camerupt)
  • Water ✓ (D. Magmortar)
  • Grass ✓ (Covered by D. Mismagius, D. Magmortar)
  • Electric ✓ (D. Mismagius)
  • Ice ✓ (D. Mismagius)
  • Rock ✓ (Covered by D. Mismagius, D. Camerupt, D. Magmortar)
  • Ground ✓ (D. Spidergross)
  • Dragon ✓ (D. Arcanine)
  • Flying ✓ (Covered by D. Mismagius, D. Camerupt)
  • Normal ✓ (D. Arcanine)
  • Psychic ✓ (Covered by D. Mismagius, D. Spidergross)
  • Dark ✓ (D. Camerupt)
  • Fighting ✓ (D. Magmortar)
  • Fairy ✓ (D. Mismagius)
  • Steel ✓ (D. Magmortar)
  • Bug ✓ (D. Spidergross)
  • Ghost ✓ (D. Magmortar)
  • Poison ✓ (D. Spidergross)

this is my 5-pokemon delta team thats an ez clap for every single type
d. mismagius is in deyraan town and found my interacting with all snowmon and constantly talking to the little girl that helps you
d. arcanine is found by trading with the man in the southwest corner of narra town (you must trade a pokemon at lvl 52)
d. magmortar is found at holon lake but you can get it from trades from actual ppl so it isn’t much of a problem
d. camerupt is found in settlement foxtrot but you can get it from trades as well
d. spidergross is found by talking to a man in hekate town and doing the spider quest in murk forest

Can you tell me what do you do next after using Calm Mind on D.Gardevoir? You are kinda locked by the Choice Specs.

yeah… I didnt plan that one out.

Def get a taunting mon. You’ll need that for Kayla

I have volcarna with clear smog does that work?

Tomorrow, I’ll give you a lengthy analysis. It’s kinda 11:55 PM right now where I live.

Disclamer: If you don’t understand, take a peek at one of my series: Competitive Trainer School

Delta Gardevoir

Honestly, you have only one good move on this set: Thunderbolt. Zap Canon is a litteral coin flip to see if you will do something. Against something as the Elite 4, that isn’t really what I would call nice. Blizzard on the other hand could be better than ice beam only if you run a Hail team as Blizzard have a perfect accuracy under Hail. I highly recommend you use Ice beam instead. A boosting move should never be used alongside a Choice Item for obvious reasons.

Improvement:
If you plan on keeping a Choice Item, I cannot ignore the famous Choice Scarf. Delta Gardevoir have a base speed of 80. This speed tier is, in my opinion, too short for such a physically frail offensive Pokémon. You get outspeed by Pokémon in the 90, like most box art legendairy (Groudon, Dialga, Zekrom, Kyogre, etc). However, the speed boost the Choice Scarf give you is very significant. Let’s show you something concreate:

At level 100, a Delta Gardevoir can get up to 284 speed with a positive nature (Timid for example), 252 Speed EV and 31 Speed IV. At +1, you get to 426 speed. This is enough to outspeed a Mega Gengar that has the same investment as Gardevoir, who hit a range of 394 thanks to its 130 speed. Having 80 base speed and a Choice Scarf leave you just right outside of the 150 speed, who has 438 speed.

Choice Scarf D.Gardevoir can, with the appropriated set, revenge kill effectively any Dragon type in the game. Thanks to her newfound speed, she can outspeed a ton of them without boost, meaning Gardevoir doesn’t have to be as carefull about it’s low bulk. Here, the only things really scary are priority and some bulky Pokémon you can’t hit for super effective damage. This is what I recommend:

Gardevoir-Delta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Moonblast
-Earth Power

Thunderbolt and Ice Beam give you the Bolt-Beam combo with a notoriously good coverage. Moonblast allow to hit Fighting and Dark types plus some Dragon carrying that nasty double weakness like Hydreigon. Earth Power hit steel types who resist Ice Beam and Moonblast. Plus, by hitting Fire and Stee for supper effective damage, you can effectively hit Dragon/Steel and Dragon/Fire who are neutral to Ice like Dialga and Reshiram to name few.

Also @Vibedoge, I don’t agree with you. I highly prefer Detla Gardevoir for that Choice Scarf set. D.Mismagius is still good, especially during the holydays.

Delta Snorlax

First, please, run Thick Fat. Loosing your Ice and Fire weakness is huge for a Grass type. The “Its Super Effective” message will still appear, but in practice, the damage will be neutral. Second, I’m not a huge fan of the Belly Drum set, I prefer Bulk Up as a boosting move. However, that’s just personal preference. Especialy with Wood Hammer and the recoil cutting your already low HP coupled with atrocious speed. Your choice, either Bulk Up or Belly Drum. While Choice Band is still an option, I don’t recommend is as much since you have enough wallbreakers in your team. Although they are mostly special attackers, so Choice Band can be justified.

Delta Volcarona

I’ll give you an advice here: Corrode. That is probably the best Poison type move in the franchise. What do you do to andle a poison type? You send a steel type who is immune to your Poison move. Now too bad, it uses Corrode and does supper effective damage on your steel type. Corrode coupled with Dark Pulse give you a super good coverage. Sure, you will miss out on that sweet Venonshock boost, but I think the massive gain in coverage it does justifies it completely. Having Corrode basically free you from needing a Fire or Ground move for steels. Just take your pick between: Hyperspace Hole, Spacial Rend, Aura Sphere, Hurricane, Toxic Spikes, Roost, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Thunder Wave, Dazzling Gleam, Surf, Clear Smog, Calm Mind, Taunt, Earth Power and Giga Drain.
Levitate is of course the best ability.

Volcarona-Delta @ D.Volcarona Armor (if you have it)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Corrode
-Dark Pulse
-Whatever you want
-Whatever you want

Since this is Insurgence we are talking about, I still recommend Taunt or Clear Smog for Kyla. Never tried that Clear Smog thing, but Taunt also shuts down Eduard’s Hippodown so I feel like it’s more valuable here.

Delta Medicham

Dammit that shit hits almost hard as Kyogre under Rain with Choice Specs. THAT’S NOT EVEN A JOKE!

252+ SpA Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Mew in Rain: 244-288 (60.3 - 71.2%) – guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Athenian Delta Medicham Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 229-270 (56.6 - 66.8%) – guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Like with Delta Gardevoir, it has the base 80 speed tier so Choice Scarf can be interesting. That’s even more true with how easy it is to knock out. For that same reason, Life Orb doesn’t have that bad of a tradeoff. It’s moveppol is also very shallow. Seriously, without a Mega Evolution or arguably a scarf, that is not a Pokémon I would recomment using. The Mega Evolution get a very noticeble power boost, so it’s now it’s almost as strong as Primal Kyogre without the heavy rain.

252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 186-220 (46 - 54.4%) – 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Athenian Delta Medicham-Mega Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 181-214 (44.8 - 52.9%) – guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also, if using Mega, Sap Sipper on the regular form is actually more valuable to pivot into grass type moves.

Medicham-Delta @ D.Medichamite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Moonblast
-Earth Power
-Aura Sphere / Calm Mind
-Energy Ball / Calm Mind

Flygon

By looking at it’s moveset, I can deduce it is the Mega of your team. Rule #3: don’t run two mega in 6v6 battles. It’s either it or Delta Medicham. Here, you made the right call on half of your set: Drakon Voice and Boomburst. Funfact, Boomburst does more damage than STAB Bug Buzz. Anyway, aside from that, Ancient Roar, Fire Blast, U-Turn and Earth Power are solid option.

Flygon @ Flygonite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Boomburst
-Drakon Voice
-Ancient Roar
-Fire Blast

Goodra

Not really a fan of that Pokémon in the first place. However, in such a brutal game as Insurgence, I feel like the Assault Vest is the best thing we can give it.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Sludge Bomb
-Muddy Water / Earthquake

Team structure

There is a key detail I see here:
Delta Gardevoir: Frail on the physical, hit on the special.
Delta Snorlax: Weaker on the physical side without investment, hin on the physical
Delta Volcarona: Weaker on the physical side, hit on the special
Delta Medicham: Frail all around, hit on the special side.
Mega Flygon: Frail all around, Hit on the special
Goodra: Massive special bulk, hit on the special.

Noticed the pattern? Your team is heavily focused on the special side. There is two Pokémon I suggest you switch: Delta Medicham/Flygon (depending on the Mega) and Goodra.

If you get rid of Medicham, a good Dragon type switch in could be nice. I’m thinking about Delta Aggron with its outstanding typing and absolutely badass desing. Drough is a nice idea to get rid of that water weakness and also possibly boost Snorlax’s Synthesis in a pinch. A Choice Band set could be actually quite good. Autotomise is an interesting choice too, as it makes you quite fast for a playthough. Just not both at the same time. It is squishy on the special, but you have Delta Volcarona so that’s fine.

Sets

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Drough
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Iron Head
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

A slower yet bulky spread is a perfect alternative.

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
-Iron Head
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge / Earthquake
-Autotomise

I guess we could argue about Flame Charge? I feel like it’s an underated move.

If you have other ideas, I am listening.

If you get rid of Flygon

Here, I would probably recomend to just have a natually fast Pokémon, something about the base 100 speed tier and above. Maybe something like Delta Ambipom, Salamence, Zapdos (if you are at the post-game), Thundurus, Garchomp or Staraptor. Or maybe a strong priority user like Scizor, Delta Arcanine or Talonflame. Your team is somewhat slow, so having a fast Pokémon is still a good idea.

Either way, I think Aegislash could be a good Pokémon for you. It’s not really speedy, but a physically offensive set could be effecive enough. Not really speedy, but annoying to battle against.

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-Iron Head
-King’s Shield

Or you can even switch both and choose Mega Metagross. That shit is also broken. By far the best Mega Evolution in regular Gen 6 OU. One of my favourite ever, number 5 to be more precise.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash / Bullet Punch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake / Thunder Punch / Hammer Harm

Having one of those balace your team with the Physical/Special side. Using Mega Metagross opens the pannel for more special users, although nothing prevented you from using some in the first place.

As for Goodra… :dots: I guess it’s fine, but you clearly can find something better. Goodra has more of a defensive niche, so it can be quite underwhelming during the adventure. You have plenty of very strong dragon types available, like Delta Arcanine, Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp or other very good Pokémon in their own right like Gyarados, Delta Haxorus, Greninja, Poison Heal Gliscor, Gale Wing Talonflame, Starmie, Delta Metagross and countless others.

1 Like