Hard Mode Post Game

That’s done. It took me 6 tries at the Champion (twice were lost on turn 2, critical hits). Now, i am facing the Hard mode Post-Game. I only have completed the Timeless quest and managed to get all the HM Items.

Now, I want to get a new team. Arcanine feels more and more lacking and there are newly avaliable Pokémons I want to use.

So, before doing a weak worth of breeding and IV stones farming, i wanted to get advices and other feedback on what I was planing. There isn’t much change, but this is what “bother” me. I will go more specific after that small overview.

• Gardevoir
  • Scizor
  • Gengar
  • Detla Gallade
  • Darkai
  • ???

Gardevoir

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast

Gardevoir is a Pokémon that I personally like very much (the first Mega I seriously build a team around in Gen 7). On this team, I use her as a Choice Scarf Revenge Killer. She prooved many time to be worthy of being in my team, destroying any Dragon type and weather sweepers against me.

Scizor

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 130 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Superpower
-Swords Dance

After using it in my first playthrough of the game. it was so powerfull I swore to use him in any team in this game. I don’t remember what that spread was used to, but it give me some bulk and allow me to outspeed base 60 speed and some Tyranitar variants.

Gengar

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Wave
-Focus Blast
-Taunt

Classic Life Org Gengar that do classic Gengar stuff. Being fast, hit hard and having an almost perfect coverage. Taunt allowed me to win key E4 maches ant other clutch battles.

Delta Gallade

Delta Gallade @ D. Galladite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Hp /252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Icicle Crash
-Ice Shard
-Wild Charge
-Swords Dance

He is that I call the Nyx Destroyer. Except for single handedly defeating Nyx and Red and being freaking badass, he got that nasty STABed BoltBeam we all love. However, i was wondering if I should drop him. I have Mega Loppuny, Mega Kangaskan and Mega D.Ruingross in my mind.
Mega Loppuny is blazing fast and strong, can Fake Out on ghost types and have a true perfect coverage. Mega Kangaskan is simply the best official Mega Pokémon and Mega Ruingross is way to powerfull to be slept on whit Hone Claws and the Rock Head Smash combo. I feel like all 4 would work, but I can’t really descide what to use.

Darkrai

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Sludge Bomb

Taking my MVP Hydreigon’s place, he is my best shot against Double battle. One word: Dark Void.
Wait, that’s two…
Anyway, using Nasty plot in singles and Dark Void all the time, Darkrai will be a fantastik sweeper and supporter for the No Faint challenge and against Taen. He is also my favorite legendairy Pokémon beside the vastly superior Marshadow, sadly absent from the game.

???

This is where I hit the wall. I often got that “Sixth Pokémon Syndrom” where I can’t decide what to slap on the last teamslot.

• Primal Giratina looks a bit “cheep shot” because of how overpowered he is. I feel like battles aren’t serious anymore when I play him. My Primal Giratina have a bad nature (Lonely) so I want to avoid it if possible. Poképon sucks, no way I’ll spend 3 month farming this to possibly get a random nature change.
  • Fire-type switch-in migh be possible. Bulky Talonflame is an option, so is a nice water or dragon type.
    • Zygard is a viable option. The Big Boss (Dragon Dance Sweeper) looks very promissing.
    • Primal Kyogre may also be interesting.

So? Any suggestions? I feel like my team is very frail, so Bulky Pokémon are welcomed.

Delta Greninja is a viable mon.

Modest @ Life orb/Choice Spec.

• Flamethrower
  • Energy Ball
  • Dig (Coverage)
  • Achilles Heel/U-Turn/Aerial Ace/Endeavor/Synthesis

You could use a HA Blaziken with Adamant/Jolly holding a Focus Sash with:
Flare Blitz / Blaze kick
Swords Dance
Thunder punch/Other Coverage Move
Sky Uppercut/Superpower
Evs:I would just max out speed and attack ( 252 Attack/252 $peed) @PeterHolmes74

@GiaPeNiw I already got my revenge killer, so I don’t keel like using it. I initially hesitated between Arcanine and him, but ended up using Arcanine. I didn’t liked him being so frail.

@JojoBoss247 Same goes for D.Greninja It is to frail to be ignored and that bother me.

More than ever, My team looks much more like a bunch of glass canon. This is actually a reson why I was thinking about Mega Kang and Mega Ruingross. I have trouble finding switch-in by moments.

Mega Kang is good too.
Adamant @ Mega Stone

• Outrage
  • Chip Away/Dizzy Punch
  • Elemental Punches/Drain Punch
  • Retaliate/Low Kick

I don’t like that set, Outrage seems out if place. I was thinking about the classic Smogon’s set:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Fake Out
-Return
-Crunch
-Power-Up Punch

If you wonder, here are the set for Loppuny and Mega Ruingross

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
-High Jump Kick
-Return
-Fake Out
-Ice Punch / Quick Attack

Delta Metagross (Ruin) @ D.Metagrossite(Ruin)
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
-Head Smash
-Power Whip
-Crystal Rush / Drain Punch
-Hone Claws

Then, you could use a Shuckle with Contrary and Leftovers with:Shell Smash, Infestation, Toxic, Sticky Web or
Shuckle without contrary holding quick claw with:
Shell Smash, Rollout/Rock Tomb/Rock Slide, Power Trick and Sticky Web

Not a bad idea, but my team is too fast to be a Sticky Web. Waybe the answer doesn’t lies there but I’ll think about it a bit more though.

Also you could try a Rampardos. Used one in my most recent play through and it was awesome. It could 2hit KO everything (But I gotta say it kinda sucks Defensively) @PeterHolmes74

In that case, I should use Mega Delta Ruingross. Same Rock Type, got Head Smash but he also haves Rock Head so he does not suffer from the recoil. He also haves the Grass type and Power whip. Cherry on the cake, he got Hone Claws to boost his accury and power. He is a really interesting Pokémon to get on the team. I think they also share the same attack stat.

But as I saied, he got competition from Delta Gallade, Loppuny and Kangaskan as the Mega Evolution.

I think I could even use it without mega, as a choice band or agility

So, right now, I guess it gravitates towards

Darkrai
Gardevoir
Scizor
Gengar
Mega Kangaskan
Delta Ruingross

I finally descided to try Mega Kangaskan for the first time and see why it is Uber. Peace out Delta Gallade, you are still awesome. I’ll keep my reserch going on for the last Pokémon slot. Probably Zygarde 100%, always wanted to try out his Dragon Dance set.

2 Likes