Good Staraptor Set

I am using in my new hard mode save file rn, and I was wondering whether or not it’s move set is good enough. Here’s it’s set:
Staraptor @Life Orb (till I have access to choice scarf)
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, Speed/4 Def
Ability: Intimidate
IVs: All maxed out besides Spatk (which is useless for it anyway)
Moves:
Return (102 BP)
Brave Bird
Double Team (Until I get U-Turn)
Close Combat

1 Like

@PeterHolmes74 @ezlaturbo
Sorry for the second mention, but now Gia needs you help too. Again, sorry (but not really).

2 Likes

Of course Brave Bird and Close combat are strong & useful stuff on staraptor. But for non-Choice items i would suggest quick attack & roost. instead of double team or return.

I would know as recently i downloaded a rom-hack for my Gameboy advance called radical red, its one of the hardest to date (plus it has up to gen 8, mega, dynamax and raid dens etc) But anyways yeah, starly you can get on your way to the victory road when you defeat Gary/Blue. Close Combat, brave bird, quick attack has been major helpers. (But tbh roost is not that applicable b/c almost every pokemon has the ability to one-shot you). (Every major battle in that game has max EV pokemon)

Also i tried to trade a regular charizard in my game for my one in fire red (mine in firered had max EVs etc, did NOT go well and now, fire-red is glitched to the point where i have to restart. (Yes i tested Quick Attack (stab) + life orb is awesome). Brought a fire type 3 levels below me to half health. Plus in that game ALOT of focus band (the 1hp) stuff, also other opponetts like the stupid Hatterene that the 5th gym had was A PAIN. I had to kill it before it set-up trick room. It used exapnding force during a double battle (which hits all opposing pokemon) the 1st turn. (trust me if i didnt kill it the mega garvedoir would kill me b/c most of my pokemon have speed EVS.)

Honestly depends on what you’re going for. On Scarf, you can run Return or Double Edge, if you don’t mind recoil. Your set looks fine, nothing much to say, except that I’d put the extra 4 into SpDef cuz you have Intimidate.

1 Like

Aight

Yep, the set looks good. More offensive variants will tend to be recoil abuser with Reckless as the ability and Double Edge + Breve Bird as STAB.

1 Like

In Shared Power, pair it with Ruingross to get that sweet Rock Head+Reckless Boost, and maybe a Talonflame and HDB>Scarf for some pretty nuts damage. Just watch out for -ate E-Speed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.