Fakemon names ( help please)

earthbound is a game tho

I know lol, it’s also a word for being unable to fly.

oh nevermind didn’t know that, just thought they came up with a random name like for xenoblade

Does anyone have ideas for the water starter? I’m trying to have all 3 be based on creatures in Greek mythology (gods excluded, they make up the E4 and the Gym leaders). If you can’t think of anything, I’ll be fine with a normal animal from Greece.

maybe a hydra? kind of unoriginal tho

why not a snake like dragon like Ladon and it’s earlier forms can be more of the aquatic snake like the dice snake, there are also other dragons in Greek mythology you can use

EDIT: Of course there are most likely better options but this mainly stems from my desire to see more great water/dragon types

EDIT 2: It’s early forms could have a names like drice (drizzle, dragon, and dice) and it’s final form could be called Hystor or maybe Roidra (rain, hydra) OR Anguain (anguish, anguis latin for snake and rain)

EDIT 3: It could also carry dice inspiration as well bc of the dice snake itself

1 Like

Maybe if I make it evolve much later than the others, it should be fine as a water/dragon.

1 Like

how do you know so much greek mythology lol

1 Like

percy jackson books

really it’s just google aka my best friend

2 Likes

It’s very interesting, not to mention that anyone who’s read percy jackson knows a little about Greek mythology from what the 5 books and Heroes of Olympus teach you

I’m thinking Hydrip and Hystorm for the 1st and 2nd forms. Sound good enough?

yeah that sounds really good lmao I’m probably just overcomplicating this

How’s this:
Hydrip, Hystorm, Hyphoon

personally it’s a little on the nose, and the name for the final evo feels almost interchangeable with the middle evo

yeah, I’ll work on a better final form name.

sounds good to me lol

how bout multydra as in multiple heads and hydra? although I feel like its not water type enough

Hydrip, Hyphoon, Multydra. Sounds good. I’ll work on one more water-like, though. Multydra for now.

2 Likes

Sbeve, Do you have any ideas? I’m still currently searching water synonyms to find one that will fit.

uh lets see we can possibly use changes of words like water and it’s many synonyms like aqua being acua water being more like waer/ wter

heck even Aquatotitan could even work though imo it doesn’t fit the

EDIT: It also comes down if you want other inspirations for the pokemon themselves like other animals/popular things/places

EDIT 2: you can maybe use words like sea, ocean, reservoir, aqua

If you want to go verbs there is dampen, drench, flood, douse, spray

You can decide to mix and match these words with hydra/ anything else to find something that can fit, I’m still brainstorming for ideas lmao

1 Like