End Of File reached

so…What can i do about this? this happened after coming from sand elite four.

First of all, you may not be screwed yet so don’t panic. This can happen in one of a few ways:

1. Closing while saving, or the game didn’t save properly and it was closed anyways (usually when the game is prevented from saving due to a permissions error of some sort. Basically, this is just bad luck or you being a silly goose and quitting the game while you tell it to save.)

2. The file itself got corrupted. It’s a computer, bad things happen.

3. There was an issue transferring the save file to a new computer/wineskin. This is usually mac specific, but I’ve seen it happen on windows.

If you are suffering from error 3, that when you download a new core and transfer your game over it spouts this, don’t panic. Boot up the original, unupdated core with your save file in it to make sure it works in there. This shows you that your file isn’t ruined. However, this does mean that your computer doesn’t like it when you switch wineskins. Therefore, you will have to patch your game the manual way. Fear not, for it is deceptively easy, there are instructions in the patch and if you follow them correctly, you should be fine. It’s literally just copy/pasting into where the folders tell you to copy/paste into.

If you are not suffering from 3, then you actually have a corrupt save file. There are several things you can try. One thing you can do is locate your save file (check the bottom of this FAQ page) and see the Game.rxdata (your save file.) The game may have successfully kept backups of your save, named something along the lines of “Save_0_Backup_1.rxdata”. Simply delete (or rather, move away) your corrupt save file, rename the backup of your choice to Game.rxdata and keep playing. The backups update every time you save.

If you do not have any natural backups and you are on the PC, you can try this.

1 Like

Thank u,Deukhoofd.I hope the insurgence team continues to make more fan games!!!I wonder if sun and moon pokemon will be available?

Sun and Moon Pokemon will never be in Insurgence.

Statement from one of the developers.

They will be in the new fangame that some of the devs, including Deuk, are working on called Pokemon Epsilon. It’s site can be found here: http://p-epsilon.com/

2 Likes

is there a demo?

Not yet. It is extremely early in development.

i will play for sure!

i don’t have a back up what do i do?

i’ve been living under a rock for most of my life so i don’t know what any of this means. i think that if i can’t fix my game fast enough im just gonna give up on insurgence

Hey Deukhoofd How do i identify which one is corrupt?

VioletX im still a nub with the whole file fixing thing but i believe its your first save file, delete it and rename another file the same thing

Same XD Thanks anyway its fixed now

i can’t find any file that holds saves for my copy of insurgence and the link at the bottom of your post doesn’t seem to work anymore

hi im facing the same issue because my computer crashed mid game what do i do?

Pls don’t necro posts, IT HAS BEEN A YEAR! To answer your question u will have to load a backup

i do not know how to do that