Encountering delays when playing on Mac OS 12.3

I have recently downloaded and installed the game on M1 MacBook Pro Monterey 12.3.1. The game installed easily but once I started playing I am encountering 20 second or so black screens whenever I encounter wild pokemon or enter a new area. Is there a known fix for these issues, or are they inherent in my using a Mac?

It’s an Apple issue regarding the M1. Apple only uses Rosetta for 64 bit software, and Insurgence is 32 bit. As Rosetta is how the M1 can emulate Intel software quickly, it unfortunately doesn’t run that smooth.

Ah right. Thanks for the information.

I fixed this on Mac M2 chip running Monterrey. The issue is Mac is unable to load .ogg audio files (which is why it runs fine at first, when it only has to load .wav files). If you’re fine playing without audio, just delete all the .ogg files. If not, read below…

Go to /Users/~/pkmn_insurg , drive C, Program Files x86, Pokemon Insurgence, Audio. Then use an audio converter to convert all the .ogg files in the BGM and SE folders into .wav files. I used “MediaHuman audio converter”, it was free. Delete all the .ogg files from those folders and replace them with the newly converted .wav files. Then, as a final step, you have to manually change all the file name extensions of the converted files from .wav to .ogg

Hope I help someone.