Best mega

I haven’t played much Competitive Pokemon, but throughout most of the game, Mega Delta Charizard has been my only Mega. Its been doing well for itself, as its movepool allows it to cover most of the threats I send it against.

The strongest Insurgence Mega is probably Flygon or Chatot. Both have drastically increased special attack and speed stats and the ability Amplifier, which makes their attacks hit extremely hard. I’d probably say Flygon because it’s fast but Chatot has the advantage of amazing STABs to abuse Amplifier with.

I personally like Hydreigon, it did get defense bumps if I’m not mistaken.

yeah same question how much heads can he get?

Up to 9.

Well it’s a Primal Form not a Mega, but Primal Giratina is pretty awesome. Oh and incredibly broken. I almost solo’ed Hard E4 rematch with a Lv.104 Primal Giratina plus small contributions Blue Orb Kyogre at Lv.111 and all others (Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Scizor) at Lv.103. It completely destroyed their teams even though it was 4-7 lvls below, Omnitype is awesome.

yeah ik but i dont like counting legendarys

but primal regigigas with giga impact DESTROY everything

How do you evolve Regigas to Primal Regigigas? Is it using a Crystal Piece?

Yep.

1 Like

Judging just by stats, moves, and how they did in game I’d say Mega D. Metagross (Ruin) is the most promising.

For a staller I’d go with Mega Milotic. D.Venusaur, Spider Metagross, and D. Milotic are amazing walls as well, but better in regular form imo.

yeah thanks I was thinking of using Milotic

what about meganium?

haven’t tried it. But it sounds nice I guess. If it fits your team go for it.

Mega Meganium is pretty passive. Even though it does has amazing defenses, it’s probably worse as a tank than Mega Delta Venusaur. While it doesn’t get Magic Bounce, it’s far less passive and can put in some work as a Calm Mind offensive tank.

I want to make a full stall team but only with pokemon insurgence’s pokemon

stall everyone

Chansey is an unrivaled Special Defense wall, so it’s pretty much mandantory on stall. Insurgence doesn’t have that many full stall Pokemon.

how do you get the maganiumite?

in that case magic bounce on meganium might be more valuable I think.

Stall in insurgence sounds tricky in theory with how ridiculously hard some of the new mons hit. But then there’s lots that get regenerator as well so that’s nice.

I like Delta Bisharp. Its physical Attack jumps through the roof, and combined with Hi Jump Kick, he can kill a lot of things in one hit.

It’s pretty clear that Meganium is the best unofficial Mega in terms of a stall candidate, but I’m leaning towards it not even being better than Mega Sableye. Meganium’s recovery is way worse - Synthesis has half the PP and has the ability to be hampered by some weathers (the fact that it gets buffed in the sun does not make up for the detrimental effects that other weathers have on it since your opponent can limit its recovery). It doesn’t get Will-o-Wisp, which is a massive bonus for Sableye, or Knock Off, both of which help neuter the opponent.

It is quite a bit bulkier but has arguably worse defensive typing. The primary purpose of the Magic-Bouncing Mega on Stall is to defeat the opposing entry hazard layers (because if the opponent is able to lay up hazards, then they’re able to break through your team more easily). Meganium handles some Stealth Rockers better than Sableye due to its natural bulk and Grass typing (like Garchomp) but handles some worse due to its Fairy typing. Sure, there are some stealth rockers that beat Sableye but I think there are more that beat Meganium. For example, Sableye renders Ferrothorn completely helpless, while Meganium loses to it. Therefore, Ferrothorn would be able to heavily pressure a stall team by being able to lay up hazards without worry and forcing the Defog/Spin, allowing the Ferrothorn user to double out into a Pokemon that beats the Defogger and thus gain momentum.

Also, the 3 Stealth Rockers that defeat or heavily pressure Sableye (Magic Guard Clefable, Heatran, and SD Landorus-T), all also beat Meganium, so despite Meganium being quite a bit bulkier I’m hesitant to say whether it’s even better than Sableye.