Barren Grottoes (The sequel)

Hello again.

Many of you will remember that some time ago I’d started the following thread regarding an issue with the hidden grotto on route 8:

I’ve since started a new file in which I’m shiny hunting (which I did not do the first time and that part’s been going awesome BTW) and have made it to Mechi Town and now am experiencing the same issues with two more grottos. The ones on routes 3 and 4. Here, however, the issue includes spawns I don’t touch disappearing.

Last night, I ventured into the Route 3 Grotto for the first time in this save file shortly after beating the Suntouched City gym and catching the Delta Apom.
There was a Throh in it which I was not interested in so I left it without interacting with it.
When I went back to check it this afternoon as I want the Charmander that I’m pretty sure can spawn in that Grotto, it was empty.

The situation on Route 4 is slightly different.
I found a Squirtle there last night and I caught it.
When I went back there this afternoon there was a Poliwhirl. As with the Throh, I was not interested so left it.
I went back in a few minutes ago whilst shiny hunting Mudkip in the nearby water to check it again and found it empty as well.

Granted that the last time I used these grottoes was at least a couple versions ago, I illustrate in the Route 8 thread how the specificness of the Wiki description suggests that no spawn is not an option. Is this a new thing and the Wiki just needs to be updated?

The Route 8 thread also suggested changing the time on my Laptop to be a common cause of Grottoes breaking but I haven’t touched my clock since I started this save file and as I’ve described these Grottoes worked initially.

What is happening?
I feel I should note that I never had these issues in the first version of the game that I played which I think was 1.2.3 if not it was 1.2.5. I’m now in 1.2.7.

1 Like

Ok. That has happened to me. So I wanted a D. sunkern and kept searching. But what I did was sr. I accidentaly saved after finding something else and could not sr. So I decided to do it normally and left the mon I found. Then, when I went to the grotto the next day, it was emty. Same think the day after. And now, it does not work for me. I would say, encounter everything and run from it.

Sounds logical.

I hope I didn’t ■■■■ my chances at Delta Sunkern though, damn it and I even chose the Fire Stone from the lady in Midna Town specifically for it!
I already can’t get Delta Munchlax because of the Route 8 issue (unless that issue which is in my first file won’t carry over into this one, but I’m not far enough into the game in this one to check yet).

I hope this will be fixed.

1 Like

Well, I need to ask people to finish the dex… I now only have one grotto working and it is post game.

Holy crap, that’s ridiculous.
The developers need to fix this!

1 Like

I could always trade you an egg.

Update:

I re-installed my original version, 1.2.3. The Route 3 Grotto is working again and has a Charmander.
The Route 4 Grotto on the other hand is still barren.

I’d also tried 1.2.5 but both Grottoes were still barren.

@Incognito1234 I appreciate the generous offer I’ll consider it. Right now I’m SRing that Charmander for a shiny.