Adventure team: Mega Gengar

Hi guys, girls and everything in-between! I started a new hard mode playthrough. I made a little challenge where I would use different Mega than usual, so now, it’s Mega Gengar. I theorized a team for it, I want your opinion on that.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Wave
-Destiny Bond
-Taunt

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
-Ice Beam
-Foul Play
-Recover
-Discharge

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Swords Dance

Gardevoir-Delta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Moonblast
-Earth Power

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
-Recover
-Hydro Pump
-Psychic
-Ice Beam

Snorlax-Delta @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
-Bulk Up
-Synthesis
-Seed Bomb
-Earthquake

Mega Gengar: It took me little time to check, but in the end, I decided that Taunt would be better than Substitute as not many Pokémon really use Sucker Punch and those who I want to use Substitute on will likely break down with Taunt anyway. Little synergy here with Destiny Bond to remove problematic Pokémon.

Porygon2: This one will take days of farming to get :dizzy_face:. Porygon2 is good against Nyx’s Kangaskan, as it is bulky enough to tank a Return and than Trace Parental Bond to hit vey hard with Foul Play. P2 is also extremely bulky in general and is a good switch-in to ghost types. I chose Discharge over Thunder Wave in order to better check Talonflame, who I am very weak to.

Scizor: I’ve always had great success with Scizor in Insurgence. This Bulky Swords Dance set can 6-0 Harmony and is very good against the E4. Excellent sweeper in my opinion. I don’t remember exactly what his spread was for.

Delta Gardevoir: In my opinion, the best Choice Scarf users the game gives you access to and allows to completely annihilate Nyx with the proper teammates. The rest of the movepool allows to revenge kill any dragon type in the game and is useful against Audray and Adam notably.

Starmie: I wanted an offensive water type able to check a lot of Fire types, since I started to become weak to those. Best option I found.

Snorlax: My secondary win condition alongside Scizor. Very strong sweeper it seems. It is my official water type switch-in.

What I’m looking for: ideas to make the team better. Better against Flying types notably. I’ve been thinking about Armored TTar, but is bad alongside Delta Snorlax. It basically prevent me from having a reliable recovery with it.

2 Likes

Seems good already to me. maybe starmie and porygon are the only 2 i would question. Taking gyarados might not be bad as a water type bc a secondary typing of flying instead of psychic gives you slightly better resistances overall and you cover his electric weakness well (also intimidate). Although hes not as fast as starmie and hes another physical attacker. Milotic could fill the role porygon/starmie together as a bulky stall water type, could run recover and some status moves, and would free you up to add another teammate, although shes not the strongest. not sure yet

1 Like

I see, Starmie is a great choice and porygon

@zap2137

Porygon2 is actually bulky AF and has an amazing synergy with Mega Gengar as they cover each other’s checks quite nicely.

I was wondering about Gyarados to be frank, but it would be my Elite Breaker set or some other Dragon Dance variant of it with Moxie. I just have so many sweeper, I was wondering if I should’ve used a wallbreaker instead. To bad the AI doesn’t switch very much, because Analythic would’ve been amazing. Although I would use Choice Band Scizor and then Gyarados. Interesting…

1 Like

If you want TTar, you’d run Overcoat D. Lax.

1 Like

Still prevent Snorlax from using Synthesis. If I run TTar, I have to get another Water switch-in. Maybe Gastrodon, Croagunk or even pick Vaporeon and then something over Starmie.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday my guy

1 Like

Wait no

1 Like

Oh, it’s been one year since I joined! Cool!

2 Likes

That’s your anniversary, so, happy anniversary!

3 Likes

True, but then you just run Drain Punch.

Hah i made puns

1 Like

So, what do you recommend?

you ask me im a competetive noob

Still worth considering your opinion.

I like porygon 2 why not porygon-z with evolite tho? i dont prefer it just asking

1 Like

… Porygon Z evolves from porygon 2 , not the other way around.

1 Like

Porygon-Z cannot use Eviolite. Even if it could, Porygon-Z is much more offensive than Porygon2 and does not serve the same role.

1 Like

see im an actual dumbass :frowning:

2 Likes

Makes sense ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ
Lmao

1 Like