Weavile Rant

Full disclosure, Weavile is my favorite pokemon and I’m biased. I don’t know how willing the devs are to deviate from the main games, but I can’t bitch if I don’t say something, so I’m saying something. I don’t know much about coding, (I took a very basic intro course in college) but I’m assuming the changes I bring up here are as simple as changing some FALSE’s and TRUE’s and swapping an image file. If I’m wrong, feel free to yell at me.

I can’t, in good conscience, talk about any of the things I want to talk about in this thread, however, without talking about this atrocity:

I’m not really that big of a fan of Machamp, but c’mon man.
In the event that I’m not just yelling into the void here and any of the things I talk about in this post actually make it into the game, please God let that be one of them.

On to Weavile, first of all:
weavile-fpearlsprite no.
front%20sprite yes.

Second, his moveset irks me.

image What?
image Why?
“Obviously he can’t learn crunch because his mouth is tiny.”
Pokémon that CAN learn crunch: image image image image
and that’s just the comedically small dark and ice types, freakin everybody gets Crunch.

“Why would he get U-turn?” Because it would be GREAT and if freaking FINNEON gets it (BY LEVEL-UP) then Weavile should get it too!

Alright, you can disagree with that one, better examples would be Ambipom, Infernape, Persian, Liepard, Primeape, Hydreigon, etc. It just makes sense to me, but again, I’m biased. And I don’t know enough about the OU metagame to know if there would be balancing issues, since I know U-turn can be a freaking annoying move.

That’s about it. This is the third novel I’ve written for the suggestions thread, so I’m gonna give it a rest now. Sorry for spam.
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Well I have to agree with you on this one. Why is Weavile so used to special attacks. Well I guess you can associate long range with tricksters . But still. Why not sicker Punch that’s a trick move. And plus I turn is a good play for Weaviles trickster archetype.