• only torrent greninja
  • BANNED
  • ALLOWED

0 voters

i mean if we’re doing ubers…

i just dont think greninja deserves ubers w/o its ash form

Lemme play this.

1 Like

Uh, yes it does, Protean on Gren is just really good.
"It wasn’t considered truly overpowered, but a large part to why it is banned comes from its enormous coverage that makes it extremely centralising in the metagame. Depending on its set, Greninja can effectively deal with almost any Pokemon outside of Porygon2 or priority , which forces teams to pack more than one counter/check for Greninja. If you predict the wrong moveset, you are bound to lose one or two Pokemon.

Azumarill and other Fairies used to put a complete stop to it, but now with 40 Atk EVs and Gunk Shot they are toast. Even Chansey gets 2HKOed by 252 Atk Low Kick 93.8% of the time after Stealth Rock. The fact is that all its moves are viable options. One can just slap a Greninja on his team, give it 4 moves that patch up his/her teams weakness and it will work.

Greninja pretty much renders offense much harder to play with that crazy speed stat. People found its presence unhealthy in the meta and thus a suspect test was held. In my opinion, blocking teambuilding is one of the biggest reasons to ban a Pokemon. The fact that people had to bring up weird Pokemon like Tentacruel or Empoleon to try walling it is absurd.

Moreover, due to how centralising it is, the entire metagame revolved around it and if you try to adapt to it, it will adapt to you in return." -From Smogon

Some discussions:

Basically, it got banned for pretty much the same reason as Genesect, too adaptable, and needs multiple counters. I would check where he is on Insurgence’s banlist though.

currently the sim lists gren as ubers

There’s no ash greninja in insurgence right?

Yep, Protean Gren was banned cuz it was too versatile and needed you to bring multiple checks, like Genesect, where you had to bring different checks depending on the set.

oh ok nvm greninja sorry ;(

Both votes will end on saturday, the day of the tournament

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/uber/
this are pokemon allowed for UBER

at the bottom

I already made the vote so if maybe protean greninja will be allowed

wait r we doing insurgence pokemon too?

yea we are

oh ok

whatever is in the sim

so people should start making their team

i think they are, i am rn