Thoughts on League Team

Hey there all, this is my League team hopefully to get through the league at least once.

#1 Pokemon: D. Venusaur (Mega)
Nature: Modest Nature
Item: Mega Stone
Move Set:
Calm Mind
Moonblast
Moonlight
Psychic

#2 Pokemon: D. Volcarona
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Moveset:
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Sludge Bomb
Toxic Spikes

#3 Pokemon: Metagross (Ruins)
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Moveset:
Drain Punch
Earthquake
Power-Up Punch
Shadow Claw

#4 Pokemon: D. Haxorus
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
Aqua Jet
Crunch
Heavy Slam
Swords Dance

#5 Pokemon: D. Aggron
Item: Weakness Policy
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
Earthquake
Heat Crash
Metal Burst
Stealth Rock

#6 Pokemon: D. Gardevoir
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Moveset:
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Why do you have calm mind on gardevoir if you are using a choice item

The item is only there because of the League, otherwise it would be a Life Orb.

I would use a Choice Scarf Gardevoir instead of Specs as it can revenge kill more dangerous Pokémon than Delta Volcarona, especially against the Champions.

I feel like you are a bit weak to ground, but that not that problematic.

Without a Taunt user, your team will probably have a rough time against Kyla.

I went in and tested the team and I had no issues with her. Volcarona dropped 2 sets of T-Spikes, and then Slowbro set up Calm Minds to max and then proceeded to sweep as Toxic whittled her down.

That’s what I’m thinking, but what would you suggest to help counter the ground weakness? I mean right now I’m currently training Linoones to help farm IV stones, so I mean I got time to grind if anything.

If your stat works, I won’t tell you to stop. Just remember that Kyla use Spore and thus put Volcarona to sleep before you can setup 2 layers of T-Spikes. Then, she can use Geomancy without much concern while still gaining potential evasion boost from Moody. Carrying Taunt to shut it down is, in my opinion, the best way to beat her. Plus, if your Taunt user is immune to ground, you totally shuts down Eduard’s lead too. That’s why I love Gyarados so much.

I’m not a huge fan od Delta Aggron honestly. Your team doesn’t need Drought Support and you have good enough wallbreakers in your team. Why did you chose it specifically?

Also, tell me why you used both Choice Specs and Calm Mind on Detlta Gardevoir. Anyway, I propose Gardevoir-Delta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (Modest is decent though)
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Moonblast
-Earth Power

Thanks to these moves, she can revenge-kill any Dragon Type as well as many of the champion’s most dangerous Pokémon. Specs could go to Volcaronna.