Theoretical Team for XORASY / Insurgence

As it does every once in a while, the team building bug has bit me again. I recently learned of the existence of the Sticky Web move thanks to a certain gym battle, and I want to build a team around that. So here’s what I’ve come up with: Galvantula with compound eyes and focus sash. Moveset: Sticky web Electrode Thunder Wave Volt Switch

Equipped with a focus sash so it can survive a single hit. The strategy is to lay the web first and volt switch out if heavily damage. Otherwise thunderwave.

Second Mon: Skarmory: sturdy with leftovers Moveset: Roost Stealth Rocks Spikes Whirlwind Basically my setup Mon. I’ve never played a setup game, preferring sweepers and tanks but I wanna try it. The idea is lay hazards on top of the web then blast them out with whirlwind forcing switch ins

Third: Dragalge with black sludge and poison touch Moveset: Dragon Tail Toxic Spikes Scald Sludge wave / sludge bomb Another phaser with more setup ability. It’s also my anti-fairy. Poison touch adds a nice chance to poison on physical attacks. Anything hit with Dragon Tail may be poisoned on top of ejected

Tyrantrum: Strong Jaw. Maybe a rocky helmet? Moveset: Dragon Tail Fire Fang Thunder Fang Ice Fang / Crunch / poison Fang / dragon dance

A lot of people seem to prefer rock head but I like the idea of boosting bite moves, essentially making them have STAB. dragon tail is for STAB phasing (which anything not outright KOed will NOT want to switch in to hazards). Plus the bites each have flinch chance and secondary effects (burn, paralysis, freeze, poison). Not sure it can learn ice fang,and poison Fang is rather weak, even boosted. Basically this is my physical attacker of the team.

Togekiss: serene grace and some item Moveset: Air Slash Tailwind Protect Roost Increased flinch chance and ability to boost my own teams speed. Also able to wear down opponents makes this one a good utility pokemon for the team.

The sixth and final slot should go to a special attacker. I’m thinking Volcarona maybe (for XORASY) or a delta of some sort for Insurgence. Any suggestions?

Adaptability is better than Poison Touch. When hit by Dragon Tail, the next switch-in will poison anyway, and the 33% damage boost can help.

There are already 2 phazers on your team, so Tyrantrum doesn’t really need Dragon Tail. Head Smash with no recoil is insanely powerful, and an Head Smash + Earthquake set hits harder than bite moves even after the boost.

Mega-Scizor would be a good addition to your team, because it provides a counter to Weavile (which hits your team very hard) and can provide a win condition. Tyrantrum and Dragalge can take Fire attacks headed its way and retaliate with powerful attacks.

For Togekiss, if you want better flinch chance, give it a King’s Rock

Thanks for the insight.

@Varius ooh, I had forgotten about Kings Rock. Speaking of, it works really well on a cloyster with skill link and Icicle Spear.

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

Also I have to agree with @A_Wild_Noob_Appeared Maybe Tyrantrum could be your main attacking Pokemon with stronger moves?

I’d hate to be the bearer of bad news, but kingsrock does not stack with togekiss, since it adds flinch chance to no flinching moves. Also considering how strong megas are, any team needs one. Looking at your team, there are better better sticky web/hazard users than galvantula such as shuckle. And considering how your team is so reliant of entry hazards, you need a spin blocker. For that I’d recommend either a ghost type(Gengar or Mega Sableye, both great pokemon) Mega Sableye is prefered for your team, since it can have knock off, which also hits defog users like latias/latios.

I didn’t know the King’s Rock didn’t work like that. Thanks for telling us that

No need to worry about being a bearer of bad news. I did ask for advice and suggestions after all. I didn’t know kingsrock didn’t stack until you told me so I learned something new today. I appreciate the advice on a spin blocker too. Im a bit concerned having 3 rock types in my party though.