Team building help

Hi,

This is my first time playing PI, and also I never played any pokemon game after ruby (other then LGFR), so most of the pokemons are kind of new to me, and i was pretty casual. This time I tried understand more about strategies to have more fun with the game, and Im having some problems with my team (very unbalanced but mostly because im trying a lot of new things - for me at least).

So I am currently after the 7th gym, and this is my team:

Pinkey (D. venusaur) : mega stone
Mild, 252 s.atk 252 spd 4 hp, Psycho-cut/Hubris
Psychic
Moonblast
hypnosis
calm mind

Chop Suey (Hydreigon) : Razor-Claw (?)
Timid, 252 s.atk, 252 spd, 4hp, Levitate
New Moon
Shadow Ball
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse

Toxicity (D. Luxray) : Leftovers
Adamant, 252 HP, 128 def, 128 s.def, poison touch
Toxic spikes
poison Jab
Roar
Metal Burst

Guns (D.Resorade): Dark Rock
Mild, 252 s.atk, 252 spd, 4 HP, Shadow dance
New Moon
Moonlight
Moonblast
lunar cannon

Techno (D.Typhlosion) : mega stone
timid, 252 s.atk, 252 spd, 4 hp, Motor Drive/ SuperCell
Tunderbolt
Thunder wave
flash cannon
shadow ball

Sippi-Sippi (Blaziken): Leftovers
Adamant, 252 atk, 252 spd, 4 hp, speed boost
protect
hone claws (new moon boost)
sky uppercut
Flare blitz

So I know two megas are redundant, but d.venusaur is just so op with few calm mind setups and hes my starter so feels weird to drop him, also first time playing with mega evolutions so trying things.
As for the rest of the team, I have a major fire and ground problems right now, and d.venusaur is kinda opposite to the new moon setup im trying to do lol. Any suggestions on how to make this team more balanced?

Thanks!

2 Likes

So your team is ok for Adam based on typing alone but it’s not super diverse. Dark and fairy are prominent but most of the typings you’re good against aren’t very prominent. Fairy is used a lot which is checked by lux but you’ll need more than that. Blaziken is nice and can be used effectively but there are so many other Pokémon. Try other types. Electric is very good and is used a lot so that’s good but overall the typings on your team aren’t very diverse

1 Like

If you want to use Hone Claws so you have a +2 Atk boost under new moon, why not just use Swords Dance? I would see Hone Claws with High Jump Kick personally.

I have 2 spread for you Mega Venusaur. For a more bulky one, use 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe or for a more offensive one 240 HP / 244 SpA / 24 Spe.

If you do want to focus on New Moon, you could switch your D.Venusaur to something like an offensive water type, maybe Protean Greninja, Illuminate Starmie, Crawdaunt, Feraligatr. I would recommend Dragon Dance Gyarados. A got a set crafter especially for the E4 if you want.

1 Like

Yeah that was the point for hone claws, was planing on getting high jump kick. I could really use a water type. I guess I’ll go for greninja or delta hexorus for Luxray or d.Venusaur.

1 Like

Just look out for Delta Haxorus because it will stack a fourth ground weakness, keeping in mind one of the E4 is a sandstorm user.

1 Like