Sp.Def Keldeo could SWEEP!

Keldeo@ Payapa/Rindo Berry
252 Sp.Def
Calm Nature

• Focus Blast
  • Hydro Pump
  • HA ice/bug
  • Protect/Calm Mind

Nasty Indeed. Had a streak of 26 online battles won 7 were people who forfeited. You would be surprised how many people only had 1 check for keldeo. The only thing you could worry about stats-wise is using the FULL EXTENT of Keldeo’s Sp.Atk.

Dracozolt @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

• Bolt Beak
  • Earthquake
  • Dragon Claw
  • Rock Slide

haha scary dragon go brrrrr

1 Like

Shedinja @ HDB
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 ATK, 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature

• Will-O-Wisp
  • Swords Dance
  • Poltergeist
  • Shadow Sneak

Easy switchin, also deals with choiced mons really well. Great wincon too.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe

• Hammer Arm/Drain Punch
  • Facade
  • Earthquake
  • Fire Punch

i used this set on my first few battles on showdown. absoultely DESTROYED everyone with TR reunicles as partner

1 Like

i dont play showdown anymore and just shinyhunt but hey it helped me quite a bit lol. assault vest iron fist works well too for bulkier sets

Delta Snorelax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 sp.d
adamant Nature

• Drain Punch
  • seed bomb
  • Earthquake
  • Belly Drum

I could imagine this conkeldurr set :blush:.

1 Like

Not Drain Punch/CC, Facade, Knock Off, Mach Punch? That’s a surprise.

2 Likes

out of curiosity, why choose hidden power ice instead of Icy wind?

I did not know what icy wind at the time. I thought it only had 55 power going for it. I wasn’t super into competitive Pokémon as i based off most of my knowledge from tournaments i used to go to, YouTube vids or my knowledge from previous Pokémon games.

oh yeah i used mach punch instead of fire punch a couple of times too but yeah didnt use knock off or cc

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature

• Stealth Rock
  • Rock Blast
  • Toxic
  • Protect

I used this in a draft league with a few friends a while ago and it countered a few of their teams perfectly

Hum… Why a SpD set? Could you explain it to me?

Lead (Greninja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Electric
-Grass Knot
-Scald

Wallbreaker (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance

Sweeper (Mimikyu) @ Mimikium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Play Rough
-Shadow Sneak
-Shadow Claw

This is what I call the team 88 because it allowed me to get to 88 consecutive victories at the Battle Tree in USUM. Let me explain the team.

Greninja

I use Greninja as an offensive lead. I gave it the Bolt-Beam combo with Scald to hit the entire tree for at least neutral damages. I used Scald as the water type move instead of Hydro Pump or Surf because of the higher PP and accuracy compared to Hydro Pump and because I already had Ice Beam as a STAB base 90 power move. Hidden Power Electric give me a way to be immune to Thunder Wave, notably from Tyranitar which I can K.O. back with Grass Knot. Grass Knot hit some Water Types better than Hidden Power, namely Gastrodon and it has the added bonus to not activate Politoad’s Battery in lower levels of the tree. Warning, I recommend you keep the Focus Sash intact against Wally because of its potential Choice Scarf Garchomp. It it locked into Outrage, you still have Mimiqyu, but if using Earthquake, that’s a big problem. Gachomp can also tank a Bullet Punch/Extreme Speed from Mega Lucario from full health. In a lot of battle, Greninja can beat the opposing 3 Pokémon on its own.

Lucario

I took lucario for one reason: Punch the opponent so hard it cannot biologically be considered to be a Pokémon anymore. With a Adaptability STAB Close Combat (maybe at +2 thanks to Swords Dance) coming from an 145 base Attack, even resists doesn’t quite enjoy it. Meteor Mash is the second STAB that slams Fairy types very hard. Here, Bullet Punch is chosen because of faster Ghosts, namely Mega Gengar from Plumeria. Thanks to Adaptability, it has the same power as Extreme Speed. Also, Bullet Punch has higher PP than Extreme Speed. However, Extreme Speed is good against Fire Types like Speed Boost Blaziken. In general, not a lot of things faster than Mega Lucario is really Bulky, so picking them off with Priority is often what it needs. I used Justified because some Pokémon like Weavile and Malamar tends to use Dark Types move that Lucario can pivot on and receive an attack boost.

If you face Jellycent in lower level (1 tp 29) or mid (30 to 49), use Swords Dance to bypass its resistance to Steel. The worst it can do is use Confuse Ray which admittedly sucks, but it would likely use Rain Dance instead so it is a free setup. Also use Swords Dance against Spiritomb because it always use Pain Split and nearly nothing else. Free setup, so get at +6 and win already.

Mimikyu

This is the best sweeper you could wish for the Battle Tree, PERIOD. Disguse allows it to use Swords Dance mostly for free and then sweep the opposition without much afterthoughts. The only Pokémon that resist its Dual STAB is Pyroar who does not enjoy the rest of the team. Mimikyu can manage against it anyway. This is a very classical set, with the Adamant nature to patch Mimikyu’s borderline base 90 Attack. Plus, not that much Pokémon are max invested in Speed so the loss of speed tier isn’t that negative after all in the low/mid levels (1 to 49). You still have Shadow Sneak anyway. I preferred its signature Z moves based of Play Rough because it helps against the popular Normal types more than Ghoistium Z could. Those normals are Pyroar and Porygon2 for Low Level (1 to 29), Audino for Mid-Level (30 to 40) and Regigigas for High levels (50+). Also, even if Play Rough has 90% accuracy, let me remind you that you are attempting to win against 300 Pokémon and you will be casting a lot of Play Rough, so the odds are mathematically stacked against you. It is often better to use your Z move in a risky situation than to hope not to miss Play Rought, even if Play Rough would be enough to score the K.O.

If you don’t like Mega Lucario, my best bet will be to use Mega Lopunny. I even got to 89 victories with Mega Lopunny on my team, so don’t sneeze at her. Her set would be:

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Return
-High Jump Kick
-Fake Out
-Quick Attack

Mega Lopunny is excessively good at beating offensive Pokémon. Just watch out for High Jump Kick. Since it is risky, be careful around Protect users. Return is still the preferred STAB in most case. Fake Out and Quick Attack form a Double Priority move core that makes her extremely good at Revenge Killing. Mega Lopunny is also extremely fast so it has a outstanding matchup against those fast but frail Pokémon. Remember, Scrappy allow you to hit Ghost types with your normal and fighting types attack, so don’t be shy to High Jump Kick that Dusknoir Bastard. Only Shedinja resists her Dual STAB thanks to Scrappy.

Another version on this team use Mega Scizor, but looses to Kukui’s magnezone and steel types in general.

please dont ever say anything to this effect ever again.

2 Likes

Let me edit that…

I’m not sure if this is better or worse

2 Likes