Status effects

Is it just me or does it feel like every enemy has a significantly lower chance of being affected by status effects in any way while its the oposite for me. Like my move has a 30% chance of burning but I’ve landed it once throughout the entire game or how if my enemy is confused they feel like they have a 10% chance of being affected because they never hit them selves while I hit my self more than 80% of the time.

For example I’ve used delta gardevoir almost the entire game and I think I landed freeze with it once throughout my extended use throughout the game and the freeze was broken out of in one turn so I never even stunned them at all. While I just got freezed twice in a row runing the yuki elite four fight. Is my luck so laughibly bad or is the game rigged to make it harder?

i think so! i remember reading somewhere, iunno if credible, but the ai in game has a few perks… the game determines, for example, how many turns will be used when put to sleep. now, normally one shouldn’t know this randomly decided number, but the ai knows. also, i think the ai has a SLIGHTLY boosted accuracy with OHKO moves, albeit a sliver of a boost. in short, i am experiencing this too, and i wouldn’t be suprised if it’s true