Several Performace Issues: Please Help

Maybe I’m reporting this in the wrong place, but I don’t know what else to do. I upgraded my Mac to the latest version, Catalina I think its called, and now of course the game won’t work. Thankfully, I also have Windows 10 installed on my computer, so I switch over to that, and immediately realize why I hadn’t been doing that in the first place. The game runs, of course, but there are some problems. The “fade to black” transition at the end of a battle takes over two seconds, talking to NPCs is super laggy as well, and I have trouble navigating menus quickly due to slow icon movement, just to name the most noticeable problems. I’ve tried everything, including messing with the f1 settings, the screen size, the text speed, the turbo speed, and so on, but nothing works. It might just be my computer, but it can run games like Battlefront 2 EA at the highest settings without issue. Insurgence is one of my favorite games of all time, so I’d appreciate any suggestions that might help. I’m running the latest version of the game, by the way.

Well I have some of that lag too but it usually only happens when it’s low on battery/charging, so maybe it could be just a specific problem to your device

It might be an issue with my PC itself, rather than my settings or whatnot, but the problem is that it runs much more intensive games like DOOM 4 and Battlefront 2 just fine. For whatever reason it doesn’t like this game. I tried playing Pokémon Uranium to see if my computer just didn’t like RPG Maker games, but that doesn’t seem to be the problem either.

It seems that, when running from a battle, the end-battle transition plays as normal, but if I attack the wild Pokémon first, it takes forever for the “fade to black” to fully fade. Also, NPCs with more dialogue will make the game freeze up more often than NPCs with only a sentence or two. Hope this helps narrow down my issue.

For what it’s worth, I have the exact same problems with performance. Fade to blacks are slow. It’s most apparently when switching pokemon during battles or opening/closing the bag. The Options menu is very slow to navigate as well (lots of input lag).

I’m on v1.2.6 of the game, Windows 10 desktop. Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060 Super. It’s not dreadfully slow, but it’s at least 1/3 the framerate during fade in/out transitions primarily.

Hey man I’ve was struggling with this for awhile, I play it on a dell laptop from 2008 so i’m lacking but I get really smooth fps by using rm fps control, I set that to 500. Then I use cheat engine and use “open process” i’ll open game.exe with that and enable speedhack and set that to 20, I set game.exe, fps_control.exe and cheatengine.exe and set those to above normal. I also play on the smallest setting possible in the ingame options and use the magnifier program at 400% and my game runs pretty game smooth. Turning still feels kinda unresponsive but you’ll get use to it