RMT M-Eevee Team

Honestly, Im still trying to figure out everything in this meta since I pretty much just joined. This is a transfer of my team from the game to a competitive setting. I made it as basic as they come since I’m not sure what are major threats, and how much delta mons are doing now in the meta.

Robin (Eevee) (M) @ Eevite Ability: Adaptability EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SAtk Quiet nature

• Moonblast
  • Hydro Pump
  • Foul Play
  • Flare Blitz

M-Eevee is the one mon I found to be the coolest mega added. This thing seems like such a wonderful coverage mon, if it was given a larger move pool I would’ve used it more as utility than offense. Right now, the moves given provide the most coverage, offensively and defensively. The Main issue with it so far, is that initially mega. Base 83 in all stats isn’t great, it being a Eevee before doesn’t help. It seems like I need Live Wire or Sticky Web to really make this work.

Maribelle (Delta Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Scarf Ability: Lightningrod EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe Timid nature

• Volt Switch
  • Ice Beam
  • Hidden Power Ground
  • Thunderbolt

Thinking about giving Specs instead of Scarf since it’s not super slow. It’s has actually pretty good speed, but Im unsure of what’s quicker than her and how well she can cover her flaws. D-Garde lack the coverage moves needed and has a pretty weak typing given, but damn does she hit hard. Volt Switch is to keep momentum with Scizor and D-Sharp. Ice beam is STAB. T-Bolt, again, is STAB. HP Ground for coverage to hit Fire, Other Electric types, Steel, and Poisons.

Kellam (Tyranitar-A) (M) @ Tyranitar Armor Ability: Sand Stream EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 52 Def / 56 SDef Hardy nature

• Stealth Rock
  • Dragon Tail
  • Assurance/Crunch
  • Stone Edge

This is me experimenting with a bulky T-tar with the boost given by the armor. With the armor boost, it seems really difficult to OHKO him, or hell put a dent in him with Special attacks. Assurance is just a little thing I put on to have fun, though I’m fully expecting to replace it with either Crunch or Pursuit. Stone edge is STAB, nothin special there. Dragon Tail simply to phaze opponents with this tankier set. Stealth Rock since I needed a rocker.

Miriel (Volcarona) (F) @ Lum Berry Ability: Flame Body EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef Bold nature

• Quiver Dance
  • Roost
  • Fiery Dance
  • Bug Buzz

This is just a typical bulk Volcarona set. Quiver Dance to build her already good bulk and decent speed. Roost to heal off Stealth Rocks and any punishment that comes her way. Fiery Dance over Fire Blast because I hate missing, and over Flamethrower because I feel that the Sp.Atk boost can help her sweep better without having to Quiver again; Though this is likely to change based on results. Bug Buzz for Dual STAB, though Im contemplating switching it or Roost for Giga Drain.

Lon’qu (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers Ability: Technician EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 SDef Impish nature

• U-turn
  • Defog
  • Roost
  • Bullet Punch

Bulky Scizor set. Meant to keep momentum and keep rocks off the field. U-turn for STAB Momentum. Defog for hazards. Roost to shrug off the damages. BP to do the damages. I’m not sure how well this set would work with the addition of new Delta mons, a lot of which are Special attackers.

Say’ri (Delta Bisharp) (F) @ Life Orb Ability: Defiant EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Adamant nature

• Hi Jump Kick
  • Aerial Ace
  • Mach Punch
  • U-turn

I’m Iffy about this one. She hit’s like a truck on roids, but the speed is crippling to me. I’m considering putting a scarf on this one but I’m unsure if that would fix the problem. Hi Jump kick since that’s the strongest STAB at it’s disposal. Aerial Ace mainly because no other Flying STAB works unless I give it like Power Herb-Sky Attack or Flying-Gem Acrobatics, both of which means I would put an item that more niche than Life orb damage or the potential scarf. Mach Punch is just for priority to compensate for the speed. U-turn is for when I can keep momentum on the switches.

I like your team, it looks solid and seems to make good use of the avaliable deltas :slight_smile: That said, I believe that you team lacks offensive pressure. It does great at pivoting and keeping momentum which is awesome since it is not easy to build a team with good sinergy. The problem is that your only real winning conditions are volcarona’s quiver dance and delta bisharp if defiant activates since you rely a lot in switch prediction. I can see your team winning a lot if you predict the switches with your coverage moves, but against more bulky teams that can manage your volt-turn core, you will have problems breaking through. I would suggest giving scizor a more pressuring moveset with sword dance. You can either replace defog and u-turn with SD and pursuit or change him for a choice scarf excandrill with rapid spin, earthquake, rock slide and iron head while giving delta gardevoir the choice specs she needs to deal much more damage and help your volcarona and bisharp sweep or clean. Armored Tyranitar is a really strong pokemon, it tanks a lot of hits and can still hit hard. I made one for myself too and wow is that a tanky pokemon in the sandstorm.

In summary, your team looks solid in general, but seems like it would struggle against hyper offensive teams with fast and hard hitting pokemon (since most of your squad is not very fast) or against more stall teams (since you lack a reliable wallbreaker and rely on switch predictions).

M-Eevee seems like a really fun pokemon to use, but there’s too many problems with it using it in the OU tier. With base 83 speed and defense, many of the hyper offense teams will simply OHKO it. I would suggest using M-Eevee in the lower tiers such as NU or RU. In terms of moveset, I would go for Ice Beam/Thunderbolt or Volt Switch/Moonblast and the last move of your choosing with an ev spread of 252SPA/252SPD. Regarding the rest of your team, I would change Scizor to a sand Rush Excadrill because it pairs very nicely with a Tyranitar, while also providing hazard removal.

Hi there. Nice team :stuck_out_tongue:

Some suggestions:

-For Delta Garde, I suggest Switching out HP Ground for Focus Blast. Focus Blast hits harder, hits more types of things. I’d also switch out Volt Switch for Moonblast because I wouldn’t want to switch in Delta Garde a lot (Stealth rock :frowning:) + Fairy attacking coverage , but the momentum aspect is respectable.

-T-tar: I’d actually add Wildfire (Insurgence TM) instead of Dragon Tail. It has 70% accuracy, but if it hits, it burns the opponent. Really nice to screw up those physical attackers xD

-Delta Bisharp: I’d probably give it a Scarf, which fits with the nature of U-turn and momentum more. It’d probably be even better to give it the Mega instead of Eevee, but M-Eevee is very cool nonetheless.

I honestly think that eevee should be changed so that it has ice beem, not flare blitz. Ice beam actually hits most dragons, like salamence and garchomp harder. Also, i don’t really see why you actually put in foul play. Rank-up attackers like scizor and hone-claws metagross can easily be taken down by a foul play. Gardevoir should also have livewire, as to put down most speedy pokes. I don’t really see the point of D-Bisharp having u-turn. Taunt or blaze kick would be better.