RMT (for 1.2) OU Delta Haxorus Bulky Offense

Hello! This is my first time posting here but this what I came up with for the meta in 1.2, while the battle simulator has yet to be updated this can still be played on the main game and it will what I plan on building for it.

I have played XY and ORAS OU almost everyday since it’s start and until SM came out so the knowledge I used to build that where ladder knowledge from that time and not here, (I have a lot to learn and I can’t wait)

So without further ado let’s get into it:

Delta Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Level: 120
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

• Spikes
  • Taunt/Will-O-Wisp
  • U-turn
  • Knock Off

No team preview means their is a need for a dedicated lead or anti-lead, sadly Delta Greninja doesn’t have access to Toxic Spikes.

Spikes are used to pressure the opposing team as I force switches with Delta Haxorus and Medicham-Mega.

TM 122 Spikes location?

The wiki says that TM 122 Spikes exists but it does not state where, it also state that Delta Greninja has access to it, I don’t know where you can get it so please tellme if you do, if not this will be replaced with an Accelgor as it also fills a similar role but to a worse degree.

Taunt and Will-O-Wisp depends if you want to stall break or pressure offense.U-turn allows you to gain momentum after Taunting a wall or you can U-turn out if you have an unfavourable lead match-up, getting chip for the late game is never bad. Knock Off allows to take a bit of pressure away from certain threats.

Focus Sash and Prankster allows Delta Greninja to fuction as the best lead it can be being able to set-up at least 2 layers and the spread just allows it to out-speed most Pokemon and U-turn into an answer or Knock Off if need be, as well as getting the most damage from those moves.

delta%20hax

Delta Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature

• Aqua Jet
  • Swords Dance
  • Superpower/Knock Off
  • Iron Head

Delta Haxorusis one hell of a powerful win-con with Tough Claws to boost it’s damage sky high and access to Aqua Jet to ignore it’s below average speed tier means it can destroy teams, after 1 Swords Dance not much can take Iron Head and Aqua Jet will easily 2HKO most threats, setting up is not a problem as Delta Haxorus boasts 10 resistances and is somewhat bulky in general. Iron Head is the second damaging move of choice as it’s the other STAB and can deal with a lot of the Bulky Waters like Milotic-Mega and Azumarill that can take Aqua Jet. Superpower allows you to always 0HKO max hp Crawdaunt-Mega, Gyrados-Mega and 0HKO Keldeo after 1 layer of Spikes or Stealth Rocks (75% Chance if Rocks), Knock Off allows you to 0HKO every Starmie, Max HP Slowbro and 2HKO Slowbro-Mega after 1 layer of Spikes or Stealth Rocks (99.6% chance). Both options allow you to 2HKO Manaphy.

Life Orb and Tough Claws allows Delta Haxorus to do what it does best and hit hard. It’s spread maximises damage and allows it to out-speed what it usually can’t beat with a +2 Aqua Jet.

landorus-therian

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature

• Earthquake
  • Stone Edge/Stealth Rock
  • Knock Off
  • U-turn

I chose to pair Delta Haxorus with Landorus-T as Ground/Flying + Water/Steel is an amazing type combination, infact this was the entire idea of the team. Landorus-T is weak to Ice and Water, Delta Haxorus resists both while Delta Haxorus is weak to Ground, Electric and Fighting which Lando-T is immune to the former 2 and resists the latter. Earthquake is the main move you will be spamming as it’s the strongest STAB option Lando has access to. Stone Edge to answer Pokemon like Talonflame and Pinsir-Mega. Knock Off to take pressure away from certain threats and U-turn to keep up momentum. If you don’t like running Stealth Rocks on Clefable then you can run Stealth Rocks over Stone Edge.

Bulky Offense usually struggles with fast teams so speed control is a must, the spread maximises speed while doing the most damage it possibly can do. Intimidate is Lando’s only ability but it allows it to sponge hits.

clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

• Stealth Rock/Ice Beam
  • Soft-Boiled
  • Calm Mind
  • Moonblast/Flamethrower

Clefable is a Pokemon that is simply too good to not run, it 's very easy to position yourself in the lategame to the point where you can win. Calm Mind and Soft Boild allow you to Set-up, KO threats then heal back up, Clefable is my Stealth Rocker of choice so I’m running Moon Blast but if it wasn’t I would use Ice Beam over Stealth Rocks and Flamethrower over Moonblast to deal with Gliscor and Ferrothorn respectively as well as hit most Pokemon neutrally.

Leftovers and the spread allows Clefable to be as tanky as possible. Magic Guard allows Clefable to ignore hazards and status.

keldeo-resolute

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD

• Surf
  • Hydro Pump
  • Secret Sword
  • Hidden Power [Flying]

Keldeo is another Pokemon that is simply too good not to run it’s typing being potent both offensively and deffensively as well as it’s strong stats allow it to be effective in every match-up. Surf and Hydro Pump are both powerful water type moves, the former is safer and the latter is more powerful, I prefer Surf over Scald as on an offensive powerhouse damage is more preferable over utility. Secret Sword is the fighting STAB move of choice as it allows you to handle Pokemon like Chansey better. HP Flying is the last move of choice as it allows you to deal lots of damage to Pokemon like Tangrowth and Amoongus.

The spread maximises speed so Keldeo can out-speed a lot by being just above average and in combination of Choice Specs allows Keldeo to deal lots of damage with its STABS.

medicham-mega

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature

• Fake Out
  • Bullet Punch
  • High Jump Kick
  • Zen Headbutt

Medicham-Mega provides speed control with priority and hits hard in general. Fake Out gives Medicham-Mega a free turn to get a lot of chip off and Bullet Punch allows it to revenge from there. High Jump Kick and Zen Headbutt are incredibly hard to come in on.

The spread allows it to hit as hard as possible and out-speed what it can.

This has yet to be tested but a lot of theory was put into it, I would like to see what you guys think so I can improve this before I breed and train the team.

Thanks in advance.

Excuse, me how do your Delta Haxorus has the tough claw ability ? I thought it only abilities were heavy metal, water veil, and strong jaws. If u can tell me I’ll really appericate it.