Red Gardevoir Set

I recently got the red gardevoir from the pokemon league black belt. Does anyone have a recommended set for red gardevoir?

2 Likes

I have one with the synergy burst, and one without.

Without burst:

Gardevoir-Red @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 Hp / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk (or as least as you can)
Timid Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Calm Mind / Substitute

This is a standart wallbreaking set, with the red color just for estetic pourpuse. The EV Spread give enough bulk to survive two Psyshock from Latias and OHKO back with a pixilate boosed Hyper Voice and still being as fast as possible. Speeking of Hyper Voice, this move is the core of this set. It’s sound-based proprieties allow it to bypass substitute and hit everything for huge damages. Pixilate turn the move into a Fairy type, increase it’s power to the level of a Life Orb (1,3x) and also gain STAB. Total power is 90 * 1,3 *1,5 = 175,5. Psyshock hits special walls like Chansey on their physical side and also help against Calm Mind users like Clefable. Focus Blast handle most steel types who resist its STAB such as Ferrothorn or slower Excadrill.

I recommend using Taunt on the last moveslot. With Taunt, Gardevoir is able to completely shut down a thon of defensive Pokémon and passive threats plus being able to obliterate Kyla with Trace, coping Moody and Mega Evolving late. Calm Mind can help you sweep, Will-O-Wisp inflect burns to somewhat increase it’s abysmall physical bulk and give support, while Substitute sheild from status, ease prediction and make Gardevoir more difficult to take down in exchange of 25% of HP.

With burst:

Gardevoir-Red @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 48 Hp / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk (or as least as you can)
Timid Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Fairy Tempest

48 Hp / 208 SpA / 252 Spe optimise the passive recovery obtained from the Synergy Burst (if the opponent let you do so) and makes it a little easier to access the burst, at the cost of significant attacking power.

The set is amost the same, but you will want the opponent to drop you to 1/2 HP with direct attack in order to access the Synergy Burst. With physical attack, your abysmall bulk will either help you or outright knock you out. Do note that residual damage or self-inflicted damages such as Sandstorm or Substitute won’t activate the burst. As such, keep Gardevoir away from residual damages as much as possible.

Fairy Tempest is your Burst attack, the main requirement to gain acces to the Synergy Burst. It can be only used once per burst, but it’s a spread attack that deal as much damage as V-Create. So a pseudo Z-Move on itself. It is learned at level 100.

1 Like

Thanks! I think I’ll use the first set.

1 Like