[Rain Team] Help decide final team member

May I put my contribution?

1 Like

I mean if you donā€™t mind typing an essay

1 Like

Your review of mega milotic is actually what had me consider these two to begin with so i would love nothing more :smiley:

1 Like

More or less, your team seems like a Rain Balance, bulky D. Volc, Scizor, and D. Lax are all tanks, and 1 support and 2 sweeper/breakers. Itā€™s not super rain-centric, which is fine, also, Scizor will help a lot in E4.

1 Like

Yeah thanks for the help i think Scizor will come in real handy!

Itā€™s my first time playing with a weather based team which i am looking forward too. If itā€™s not my style iā€™ll just switch it up :smiley:

2 Likes

Good luck with your run!

2 Likes

I was about to do a very long analysis, but you know what? I think what peoples suggested you is good enough. I just have some problem with your EV spreads on few PokĆ©mon. You should be gratefull I didnā€™t wrote an essay.

Delta Serperior

Why 128 on both defences when you can do 252 HP and boost both stats?

I prefer special attacking set, support acentuated.

Delta Serperior @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Scald
-Dragon Pulse
-Defog
-Glare

Delta Volcarona

If you are using it offensively, then give it an offensive spread. More like this:

Delta Volcaronna @ D.Volcaronna Armor
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Sludge Wave / Corrode
-Dark Pulse
-Hurricane / Corrode
-Taunt

Taunt is important against E4. If you beat the game before, you know what I mean. But, it could be used somewhere elseā€¦

Delta Dragonite

Meh. Even with Swift Swim, PokĆ©mon without speed investment arenā€™t particulary fast. I would also see it as your wallbreaker, punching holes in your opponents team and let Scizor, Snorlax or Delta Volcarona sweep/clean the game. Swift Swimm could also make him both a sweeper and wallbreaker. Plus, Max speed Dragonite, even outside rain, outspeed Primal Groudon who could mess with your rain.

Delta Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Waterfall
-Wild Charge
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

Waterfall is more interesting because of the flitch chance and perfect accuracy.

Delta Snorlax

@ezlaturbo forgot something, Synthesis loose recovery power under rain. So, Drain Punch and Earthquake could actually be run on the same set.

Mega Gardevoir

Ok, this one could be AMAZING! Please, follow me on this one. Against Kyla, Baton Pass E4 member, you can trace Moody from her Smeargle and block it with Taunt. You can somewhat stall the battle and wait until whenever you want and then unleash the fury and mega evolve. Thatā€™s how I got my first 6-0 on Insurgence E4.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Will-o-Wisp / Taunt

However, Mega Delta Venusaur, while not using rain either, can sweep most major battle on its own. If you prefer a rain abusing Mega PokĆ©mon, then Mega Delta Typhlosion is perfect for you. Iā€™m not here to tell you what to do, coherent teambulding is not a big requirement outside of hard mode and you should always plays the pokĆ©mon you like.

3 Likes

Calm Mind is an option on M. Garde, thanks for catching the Synthesis error, I acually run Drain Punch+EQ on BU Snorlax in-game due to how you can usually recover more than enough with Drain Punch+Leftovers. Also, I would say you could possibly go U-turn over Pulse on D. Serp when you get it, so that you can pivot to whatever you want.

4 Likes

Cheers for your input, I only just made it past the second gym and things are looking good so far. These adjustments seems great and I like the fact you motivate rather than ordering me, I had no clue about the defence/HP stats, you learn everyday ey?

1 Like