Problem with music on Mac

Hi. I recently tried out Insurgence and noticed that the music was missing.

Is there a way to fix this? I’m playing on a Mac. :slight_smile:

You might have not downloaded the game complete, try to re download the game core (make sure to backup your save file if there is any) and try again.

Thanks, I will try it.

But first - how do you backup your save?

The save files have the <File_name>.rxdata extension. Copy them to an external location and after redownloading, copy them back to the same location.

I followed your linked instructions, but I couldn’t find the .rxdata file.

I’m really sorry, I thought I had replied to you.

Are you on OS X el captain?

Yes, that’s correct. :slight_smile:

They aren’t in the Insurgence 1.1.8 folder.

Go to Drive C / Users / Your name / Saved Games / Pokemon Insurgence

Right click on Insurgence -> Show package contents -> drive_c -> Program Files -> Pokemon Insurgence
That is how its accessed on Yosemite, I don’t think it would suddenly change for Captain.

The highlights file is the one you enter, this is right after you ‘show package contents’.

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

But… I tried to uninstall and download the game again. I still have the same problem - most of the music doesn’t play.

Well, the game is still completely playable without music at least :confused: Maybe 1.2 will have a fix for it.

This isn’t a problem with Pokemon insurgence in and of itself. All Fan made Pokemon games and RPG maker games for that matter have this problem on mac. I’ve tried a few things but nothing works fully. Initially I tried converting the audio files to .mp3 .ogg and .wav but due to the differences in midi files and audio files (mp3 wav ogg etc.) it only plays overworld music. I don’t know why but I think it has something to due with how the game processes music during battles. I’ve also tried downloading a program that can run midi files (Quicktimeplayer 7) and setting it as my default to have those files run on but that didn’t seem to work either.