Pokemon Showdown! - A tale of bad luck

Hello everyone

This is an official rant about Pokemon Showdown. I played on this battling simulator for quite some time now and I began to be frustrated by how unlucky I could get sometimes, costing me many victories. I thought to myself maybe you exagerate, maybe it’s just in your head, so I continued to play, but then again, a streak of bad luck. So I decided to compile every moment I got lucky and not so much. Here’s what I did.

I battled 20 times in ORAS Single Random Battle.

I counted every time I couldn’t move due to flinching (except for Fake Out) or by being paralyzed. I flinched 16 times (!!!) and couldn’t move 11 times.

I counted every time I landed a hit with a move of 85 and less Accuracy (except the likes of Hurricane/No Guard). Well, I landed a grand total of 10 times on 19 trys… I also did the same with the opponent. They landed 18 hits on 22 occasions (!!!).

I’m not done. I counted every Critical hit I landed, excluding Storm Throw, and also the opponent. Result: 7 for me, 23 for the opponent…

Want me to continue? Here we go! I also counted every time a stat got reduced by a move that has 30% or less chance of added effects, for me and the opponent. I got reduced 9 times, and the opponent, 7 times.

And, for the finale… I counted every time I got a status condition after a move that has 30% or less chance of added effects, for me and for the opponent. I got burned 7 times, paralyzed 6 times, poisoned 10 times and frozen 7 matches in a row by Ice Beam (!!!). I succeeded to burn the target 3 times, paralyze 4 times, poison 2 times, but never froze them.

So, with all that, here’s my conclusion: I will die struck by lightning while being eaten by a shark on a friday the 13th… I almost smashed my keybord against the wall.

Thank your deity for turning your bad luck from your real life to your game!

That seems too systemic to be just bad luck…

Looks like karma finally decided to show up. Just look at this.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-463821562

MVP PU tiered Pokemon!

1 Like