Planning for Elite Four Nuzlocke

Currently, I’m going to challenge the Elite Four of Pokemon Insurgence for the first time in Normal difficulty. Due to Insurgence, their levels are going to be around the max of my own pokemon, so it’s not possible to over-level the Elite Four. I looked up their team composition and want some thoughts on what strategy/movesets I should do for my pokemon.

Current team (all Deltas): Mega Gardevoir (Calm M., Thunderbolt, Ice B., Moonblast), Chlorophyll Noivern (Sunny, Solar, Flash C., Leech S.), Poison Touch Luxray (T. Spikes, Corrode, Poison J., Roar), Cursed Body Reuniclus (Protect, Hex, Ancient P., Giga D.), Solid Rock Avalugg (Rock B., Dragonify, Dragon C., Sandstorm), and Shadow Dance Roserade (New Moon, Lunar C., Sweet K., Moonblast). Note that I can’t change these members at all for different ones, so I’m stuck with them.

My strategy would be using Luxray first to set up toxic spikes, however 2 of the Elite Four seems to lead with Earthquake users, so I wouldn’t be able to set up without the risk of my Luxray dying before spikes are put in place. Because of that, leading with M. Gardevoir is risky, as I assume a Mamoswine would be faster than it.

Mega Cryogonal seems to could be beaten by Avalugg’s Rock Blast, as it has a pretty low defense and Avalugg having Solid Rock. However, there is still a risk of it one-shotting the Avalugg due to its ability Sleet creating a very damaging hail (20%). I’m considering using Noivern’s Flash Cannon, but the Hidden Power seems to be fire and thus able to one-shot it.

The Trick Room Elite Four seems to be quite easy as some of my pokemon are slow as hell, thus moving first. Dragonify could take away their STAB and do super-effective damage on them with Moonblast or Dragon Claw.

Baton Pass seems to be the easiest of the Elite Four, as their main gimmick makes it easy for Luxray to set up Toxic Spikes and poisoning most of their team. Scizor could be dealt with Corrode while Wash Rotom could be beaten by M. Gardevoir.

I’m still unsure for the Champion.

So, this mostly focuses on the Hail and Sandstorm teams. What would be the best course of action for my team?

Of course, I could also simply stack up on full restores and hyper potions, but it doesn’t minimize the risk of one shots from their pokemon. If I do so, I plan to use Avalugg since they’re the most bulky of the team in terms of defense and hp.

Well, you’re probably going to have to sack one of your mons to eduardo, considerong you’re so weak to ground/rock and the fact that you have so many different weather setups makes things even more difficult. But I think you may be able to do this if you give some of your luxray focus sash, and give your reuniclus a better rock stab (power gem) and willo wisp

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the advice! Out of all of my pokemon, which one I most likely can afford losing? Or should I apply not cursed body but levitate instead on the Reuniclus?

Imo it’s avalugg although you can make a case for luxray/reuiniclus, personally I’d go for levitate because although cursed body isn’t a bad thing, it’s pretty unreliable

Could I, possibly, carry several ability capsules so that I can change up abilities after each battle? Is it possible to change abilities in the pokemon league?

it is possible so are tms and stones

Against Kyla, I think the Toxic Spikes alone won’t be enough. I have an Idea for the first three turns:

Against baton pass in general, waiting on the long-mid game isn’t a good strategy, so you actually want to give Luxray a chesto berry would allow you to setup 1 layer of T-Spikes turn 1, then switch to your Noivern to absorb the second Spore thanks to its immunity via his Grass-Type. Turn 3, use Leach Seed to cover any attempt to pass stats and Ingrain to an ally because the seed will be also transferred (Poison+Seed = Big passive damage). That ally should be the blaziken if I follow the AI logic. In any case, even if you defeated the annoying painter, the Gen3 Fire Starter is the next she will send.

At this point, if she did manage to pass some boost to Blaziken (AKA worst case senario), it is likely it is because she haxed you whit evasion boosts. Your only good switch-in is Avalugg and pray not to miss yours attack.

Don’t set a suny day while Blaziken is still alive. Stabbed Flare Blitz “kinda” hurt, especially at +2. I don’t promise your Avallug to stop him after à swords face because of Fighting type attacks.

Alright, cool! I’ll take that into account then. Should I give one of my pokemon earthquake for that kind of situation?

According to the Wiki, her Blaziken does not have fighting-type attacks, only having Fire Punch as an offensive moon. Avallugg should be enough, capable of breaking his substitute whit Rock Blast.

1 Like