Ok, the Nuzlocke has begun

So I’m finally starting my true hard mode nuzlocke of this game later today (I just have E4 of my test run rn which wasn’t hard the first time around).

With this I have a question, what starter do I pick? I heard good things about Delta Bulbasaur, but that quad steel weakness don’t seem that great, so I was just going to go with Delta Charmander since i’m familiar with it, and Delta Squirtle is too slow to be good even with it’s mega.
I’ll try and update daily how the run is going maybe

Edit 4: Ok i need some help, I’m stuck at Orion, My current team is D. Ivysaur, Heatmor, Azumarill, Drillbur, Machop and Magnemite. The charmeleon is what hurts me since i cant kill it with drillbur, as the flamethrower oneshots, however dig also oneshots (damage calc) i just can’t outspeed it. Azumarill might be able to wall it however thunder punch does big damage and I want to use Azumarill against the D. Aron. I also have no answer to the Ivysaur, D. Ivysaur might be able to with psybeam but i’m going to die to the sludge bomb and I will be outsped. Any tips or potential teambuilding for my next run after I lose? I think Delta Grimer might help with Chameleon, and keeping a nidoran female for the early bulkiness, as well as keeping a graveler instead of having it die while grinding (rip)

Edit 3: Had to kill a shiny shuckle I found while grinding because I ran out of balls, RIP he could’ve been a good sticky web setter or something idk

Edit 2: After 8 attempts I finally found a way around the trainer’s school. A heatmor can be caught from the hidden grotto that gets rid of the Honedge that walled a good bit of my team. The one I just caught was also modest nature which is nice.

Edit: A level 12 Buizel ended my first run, because it had sonic boom, and my delta bulbasaur wasn’t bulky enough, it killed it, and one tapped the other 2 members of my team, pikachu and onix

2 Likes

delta bulb

i assumed that and just picked it and would reset if not.

It’s used as a bulky staller right? like it runs leach seed-hypnosis/protect-psychic-moonblast? Or does it run something different

calm mind,pschic/psyshock, moonblast,shadow as mega

also change this to lets plays if its a playthro
looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Timid Mega sweeper is the best set, but yeah, SubSeed type sets if non mega.

1 Like

I’ll prob go with that and Mega Flygon, then Mega Kanga when I can get the stone. Mega Flygon I can get right before East, which now that I think about it I might go for mega delta gardevoir, since it can hit his flying types hard

But isnt this a nuzlocke? The pokemon you want have to be your first encounter so you cant really plan ahead

Some of these are static encs, or maybe no first enc rule.

1 Like

d garde is static, kanga is fs (if he lets himself do that), or a 20% chance, and Vibrava is fs or 34% chance

1 Like

i usually let myself do 1 fs enc after every gym

1 Like

what does fs mean

1 Like

Friend safari

1 Like

I know I’m playing by some slightly modified rules
I can pick which encounter I want before going in, but only have on chance to catch the pokemon
BUT, no items in battle+hard mode which is level cap to begin with

on a normal nuzlocke I don’t do this but this game is nearly impossible without teambuilding or insane luck, and I don’t want to constantly reset just because I get awful pokemon all the time on first encounters.

2 Likes

Ive never done a hardlocke of this game but it does seem hard. I had insane luck on my randomizer nuzlocke because I got a lot of legendary encounters which i actually caught.

1 Like