Nuzlocke Team

So I started a Nuzlocke on my save file and chose Larvitar as my starter (don’t ask). Usually, I don’t count my Nuzlockes started until I get to the first town, but since this game offers a Nuzlocke mode, I thought I’d do it legit. So my team is this:
Larvitar (Lv. 13)
Nidoran (Male) [Lv. 13)
Roggenrola (Lv. 7) (Sacrifice)
So I was at the first Abyssal Cult battle, and I lost. So I did the thing where I didn’t count this started until I got to the first gym. I tried a lot of times but it didn’t work, I kept losing. Any tips other than overleveling? (Also, if you say skill issue I’ll hate you for life)
Normal Mode by the way.

Get rotom in telnor town, is hard to catch but he makes the first 2 abyssal cult battles super easy, level 13 should do the job for the first one.

I was thinking of doing that, but I already used a Rotom in my first Nuzlocke of this game. Do you think I should just use it and then box it after battling that cultist guy?

At worst you can reset and I think that both beedrill and butterfree can get that fight for you if needed, if not overlevel to 14-15 should do the trick