Nuzlocke Solo Run

So im gonna start a nuzlocke solo run of insurgence and i want some pokemon suggestions, they have to be decent though

If you want a pokemon with no weaknesses, then pick tynamo, because he is an electric type with levitate. He doesn’t have very good moves early on, though, so I wouldn’t recommend it. Gible is another great pick, but it will become a problem when you’re going up against fairy types. My best recommendation is delta Larvesta. He has only one weakness, ground types, which won’t be a problem when he evolves and gets the ability “levitate”. He has a decent moveset, too, being able to learn things like flamethrower, shadow ball and flash cannon. When delta larvesta evolves into delta volcarona, it can learn aura sphere, HYPERSPACE HOLE, SPACIAL REND, sludge wave, blizzard, energy ball, psychic, thunderbolt/thunder, aerial ace, roost, and like a crap ton more than I didn’t mention. Delta Larvesta is probably the best one and my favorite in my opinion.

2 Likes

i would agree but the problem with delta larvesta is the fact that it evolves at low to mid 50s meaning you have to continue using a pretty weak pokemon for the first few battles and gyms, for gible its gonna be pretty hard too because if this was a normal solo run then u could soft reset every time that u faint before or after a battle. but because this is a nuzlocke solo run if u faint you lose entirely, The final reason is u basically need a physical attacker for one bc of custom move, ofc it is possible to complete one with a spAtker but its just gonna be harder to beat and it will take alost longer

2 Likes

My solution to that is to EV train and get the highest possible IV’s you can get at that point of the game. This will soup up Delta Larvesta at least until D. Larvesta evolves, which will make it more powerful. It already has a lot of special attack, so you could opt for 255 Defense / 255 Sp. Defense EV’s, which would make D. Larvesta a bulky mess that can dish large sums of damage. You could also make him a speedy sweeper, with 255 Special Attack / 255 Speed, which will allow you to outrun pokemon that would otherwise outspeed you. If worse comes to worse, you could try and make him a physical attacker, with 255 Attack / 129 Special Defense / 126 Defense, teach him a custom poison/dark move (to get STAB), and give him a life orb, but I don’t recommend it because the custom move will get ~135 power, but your maximum attack stat will be something like 120, even with a helpful nature.

2 Likes

This might actually work, hopefully i dont die every 1 gym though

1 Like

what nature and ivs would you mainly recommend

1 Like

Le Hmm

There are really a couple natures for you to choose from. If you want a special attacking build, you could go for Modest (recommended, +Special Atk, -Atk) Mild (bit risky, +Special Atk, - Def) Quiet (not the best nature tbh, +Special Atk, -Speed) and Rash (probably the worst out of them all, +Special Atk, -Special Def).

If you want to be a bit on the bulky side, you could go for Bold (+Def, -Atk) or Calm (+Special Def, -Atk)

If you want my genuine recommendation on what nature to choose, I’d choose Modest, which is +Special Atk, -Atk.

As for IVs, the most important ones are all of them except Attack. Delta Larvesta/Volcarona is not known to be a physical attacker, which is why I recommended to go for minus attack on the natures. If you can’t get max IV’s on your stats, the bare minimum IV’s you should hunt/get is Defense and Special Defense, which are important considering you can only have one PKMN at all times.

2 Likes

So i should try and soft reset at the start of the game for modest and at least 31IVs in 2 good stats

1 Like

A great way to get max IVs is to do egglocke as well, there is a page on the wiki that has the names. If you get D. Volcarona in the random set (or text file) it will automatically have max IVs

2 Likes

Alright

1 Like

Im going to keep this post updated everytime i lose the run ( bc this is a nuzlocke when i die i have to restart everything )

1 Like

btw d. volcanoes egglocke names are void of extraterrestrial.

1 Like

What item would you recomend?

1 Like

Sorry for late post, but life orb can make your attacks 30% more powerful at the cost of a couple hit points per attack. For a nuzlocke solo run, I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re powerful enough to kill people in 1 hit. The air balloon is pretty useful too for staying away from ground type moves while you still are a delta larvesta. When you turn into delta volcarona, a great item to use is the assault vest. It makes you so much more bulky for the cost of nothing. Leftovers is also an excellent choice, healing 6% of your health per turn

So to recap:
Pokemon: D. Larvesta / D. Volcarona
Nature: Modest
IVs: hunt for all stats except attack
Item: Assault vest/Leftovers (assault vest might work better though)

1 Like

Personally, I prefer my solo runs with Delta Gardevoir because of its high stats and good move set, but delta larvesta is pretty op too when you have the armor.

The thing is, you don’t need the armor to make Delta Volcarona good. It’s pretty well-rounded, except for attack which isn’t a problem, so having a pokemon with no weaknesses is very helpful.

1 Like

a suggestion pre-4th gym would be a ground-ghost type for clint eastwood money grinding